Stool Routine Microscopy Test.

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give him Albid (Albendazole) 10 ml at night before sleep. But, I suggest you to give syrup Bandy Plus (combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin) 10 ml at night before sleep. Because, Albid contains only Albendazole while Bandy Plus contains Albendaz...  Read Full »

I suspect I may have tapeworms. What can I do to get rid of them?

Query: Hello doctor, I suspect I may have tapeworms. How can I be sure and what can I do to get rid of them?  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stool tests can identify tapeworm infestation. However, because the worms and eggs are shed intermittently, the test may have to be repeated three to four times if the initial test is negative. Stool tests can also identify other intestinal parasites. Blood tests (sero...  Read Full »

Which brand of formula milk is good for baby constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 months old baby is on Dexolac Premium from 1 month. The growth is good, but he is constipated. Can I switch to Nan Pro or kindly advise any other good brand.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If child is constipated on Dexolac premium, then you can switch to Nan Pro 1, lactogen 1 or similar advance. All are equally good. Nan Pro 1 is more preferred.  Read Full »

Is chewing sponge an indication of any deficiency in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 11 years old, is found to chew sponge. She will not swallow but used to chew it. Could it be due to any deficiency? Otherwise, she is normal and healthy. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 11 year old child chewing sponge could be due to two possible reasons which are as follows.This could be a habitual thing. It has been noticed in some children that they have a habit of chewing things, lip-smacking, making noisy sounds during breathing, etc. For these hab...  Read Full »

How to cure pruritus ani?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a condition known as pruritus ani for almost a year. It gives me uncomfortable itching around the anal area. I have tried creams, seen a doctor and a colorectal specialist, taken Metamucil and sitz baths. I did pretty much everything, but the problem persist...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns regarding pruritus ani as I have analyzed each detail that you have provided. I have managed lots of cases with a matching condition and feel that you too will make good use of the information and suggestions. First, please get your stool...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify if I am suffering from any cancer or liver disease.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. For the last three weeks, I have been having the urge to poop. But, only mucus would come out. I have had blood tests and stool samples taken and everything was normal except the following. I had a high lymphocyte count of 3.3, high bilirubin count of 1.6 and low...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of colon cancer are blood in stool, altered bowel habit that is intermittent constipation and diarrhea, mild and occasional abdominal pain (depending on the site of the cancer), decrease appetite and weight loss. Mucus in stool either indicates inflammatory b...  Read Full »

Tests for stomach pain revealed a high eosinophil count. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a stomach ache from the last two months. It got worsened last week and I was admitted to a hospital. A lot of tests were done. The CBC revealed eosinophilia. The gastroscopy revealed an edematous duodenum. A duodenal biopsy was taken. I have attached my biopsy report. I want to u...  Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and the findings were normal. There is nothing to be worried about. You will need to use PPI's (proton pump inhibitors) to improve your symptoms. Regarding your eosinophilia, it may be el...  Read Full »

I am passing maroon colored stools. Could it be due to stomach bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female of 5'6" and weighs 250 lbs. Currently, I am on an antibiotic for tooth abscess. I have been taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol for the pain. Now, I believe that I may have stomach bleeding due to a maroonish colored stool. I just need to know if I should visit the ER r...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You might be having gastritis because of Ibuprofen and resulting into maroonish stools. Are you having that more than once since a couple of days?In the case of stomach bleeding, the stools are very dark and more blackish like tar rather than maroonish.If you are feeling we...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in belly followed by passage of stools?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last 15 days I have a problem that I feel pain in my belly and then after that, I have to go to the toilet to pass stool. This happened 4 to 5 times a day. Because of this I also have a problem of rashes on my anus. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have acute gastroenteritis like infective pathology. It is advisable to take an antacid like Rabeprazole for a week. Empirically broad spectrum antibiotic like Ofloxacin plus Ornidazole combination can be started. Take bland diet more. Avoid excess spicy foo...  Read Full »

What to do if there are worms in your child's poop and urine?

Query: Respected doctor,My daughter is 4 years and 3 months old. Nowadays, we are seeing that she is wetting her bed. We checked urine RE. Everything shows normal. But we find that a tiny white worm is dancing in her stool and urine although after a regular checkup she has taken syrup Zentel (10 ml). Pleas...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. These worms are due to worm infestation in the intestine and as a result, when they come from the anal region, they probably crawl to the vaginal area, and that is why you are seeing worms in the urine too. You need...  Read Full »