Q. My lower teeth gum color varies. Please clarify if I have gingivitis.

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

I do not know if I have gingivitis. The gums of my front teeth in the lower jaw have a small hint of pale pink. But, on the right side, it shows a hint of a darker pink. Also, my teeth look larger on the back side. Is that normal? Please help me.

#

I have read through your complaint and the relevant details.

• You sound absolutely fine. The normal color of the gums is coral pink, and there will also be some random distribution of dark shades over the gums sometimes even brownish.
  • The dark colour is nothing but melanin pigmentation which is again a normal feature of the gums.
  • Regarding the lower tooth looking larger in size, I suspect it to be a big chunk of calculus (chalky white tartar) present in that area. I request you to send me a picture of it for an accurate diagnosis.
  • And, the presence of calculus and slight redness around the gums is a definite sign of gingivitis.

Revert with the photos to a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|