Gingivitis

What could be the reason for swelling in gum with metallic taste?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night I went to bed after feeling fine all day, and when I laid down I got a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. When I felt the bottom gum right at the back there appeared to be a fluid-filled swelling on the top of the gum (there are no teeth in that part of my mouth), and wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Tarun Gupta

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. The condition you wrote may be due to several reasons:- 1) Due to burning by hot drink is possible but usually, it is seen in the anterior (front) of mouth. 2) It can be aphthous ulcer which is normally seen in the mouth but they are painful. 3)...  Read Full »

What to do for reddish-pink, swollen and sore gums?

Query: Hello doctor, One morning while I was eating at school, my gums behind my front teeth started to get sore. Was it because I scraped the inside of my mouth while I was eating? Or it was because of eating something hot? Anyways it has been three days, and my gums are still sore when I eat. My gums ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have guessed it right. It seems like the most common form of gum swelling by injury from eating either hot foods (typically cheese or soup, etc.) or from eating something hard and sharp. Since a large area is injured, it will take up to a week to heal. If it ...  Read Full »

I have a painful sore next to molar. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, About 6 days ago I noticed a painful sore or lesion right next to one of my molars. It was very red and white and now it is mostly white. Even though half the sore touches my tooth, the tooth does not hurt at all. It is very painful to floss and eat anything spicy. Should I see a dent...  Read Full »

Dr. Santra

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture of lesion and from it, it looks like gingivitis as the surrounding area is inflamed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you ask me ideally, then there is a definite need to see a dentist as it takes time to heal spontaneously a...  Read Full »

One of my molars is swollen. Does that mean eruption of new tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and my grandfather said I might be teething because one of my molars are swollen. He said once I lose this molar, a new one comes in. Is that true?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He is not wrong nor right. If your molar in the age of 8 was not replaced with a permanent one and if there is any chance of having a molar in eruption stage then it may be true. Generally swelling around teeth comes due to gum inflammation or due to some infection i...  Read Full »

Can Invisalign treatment turn your teeth yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently on tray five of my Invisalign. Everything has been good so far. But, yesterday, the teeth in the bottom of my mouth started to turn brown. I am worried that something is wrong. I clean my teeth three times a day after every meal. I also clean the aligners. I will attach goo...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have attached along with the complaint (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are nothing but stains and calculus. A layer of a chalk-like substance formed over the teeth surfaces especially on the back side of your lower teet...  Read Full »

Why is the gum at the back paining even though I do not have a wisdom tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old, who dislikes visiting the dentist. Therefore, you can imagine my hygiene is very good. I had a brief period of gingivitis as a result of using braces for three years. Having removed my braces over a year ago, and lucky for me, I do not have wisdom teeth, the end of...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel that there could be an infection around the gums, probably due to some food lodgement or other foreign particles. I predict infection due to the duration of five days, which is sufficient for it to initiate. As you are going for a regular cleaning, you can be assur...  Read Full »

Why do my gums hurt when I eat?

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I eat spicy food, I feel some kind of irritation, burning sensation and pain in my gums. I do not have any cavity in my teeth. I got scaling done 2 years back. Once I stop eating spicy food, the pain fades away in few minutes. I would like to know the reason behind it. Please a...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What is the cause and solution for bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor,Every morning while I brush, I notice bleeding from my gums. I do not have any pain. What is the possible cause and solution?  Read Full »

Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The most common cause of bleeding from gums is inflammation of the gums, otherwise called as gingivitis which leads to periodontitis if left untreated. The reason to develop gingivitis is mostly associated with oral hygiene and oral hygie...  Read Full »

How to treat gum swelling and bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, Since two to three weeks I have been experiencing buccal bleeding. I have inflamed gingiva behind one of the upper teeth. I can sense the lump with my tongue on the gum. I went to the dentist and he told me that it was gingivitis and he gave me a special mouthwash for gingivitis. But, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The photos are not at all clear to give exact diagnosis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You should start taking good antibiotics like Amoxicillin and Metronidazole for five days to reduce the gum swelling. If you can buy medicine over-the-counter then b...  Read Full »

What can be done for receding gums in an 18-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and my gums have been reversing. I brush every day and ever since I noticed my gums receding I tried to brush softer like barely touch the teeth soft. I floss my teeth every day too. I tried telling my father about this but he thought nothing about this. It has becom...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? The image is not much clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but based on what I could appreciate, it looks like gingivitis. Hence, your gums look shiny and swollen. The reason could be deposits (though not much seen in the image)...  Read Full »