Q. Should one be concerned about the asymptomatic white patches on the glans?

Dr. G.s.s. Sandeep

I have got small patches of asymptomatic white skin on my glans. I had them for years but was told it was just skin pigmentation. So I’m just wondering, are there any creams or ointments that I could use to restore some natural color or even get rid of this white, pale skin pigmentation?

#

Is it possible to forward a few clear pictures of glans? I can guess a few differential diagnoses here.

1. Candidiasis: It is a normal fungal infection. Start using Ketoconazole cream once daily after bath for 15 days.

2. Post-inflammatory hypopigmentation: Due to excessive wash with detergent soap. Start applying aloe vera gel lotion twice daily after cleansing with Cetaphil cleanser.

3. Mucosal early vitiligo: Need to confirm before advising any medication.

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried attaching the pictures, but they are not getting uploaded because of some technical error. Is there any other way I can send you these pictures to have a look? Thank you.

#

You can send the pictures to my mail.

|