Eye Pressure

How to get rid of my persistent headache permanently?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old female. I have a mild continuous headache on either side of my head, and it goes away with painkillers. I do not feel pain and spasm in the neck and no giddiness. No diabetes, and I am not on any medications. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, your headache seems to be not related to the usual medical causes. I would suggest a few things: 1. Get your eyes checked. I think you are sitting too much in front of the computer, which causes headaches due to the radiations, even if it is minimal. 2. Take up...  Read Full »

Why do I experience dizzy spells frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing dizzy spells for the past week or so. I feel this a couple of times in an hour. The strange thing is that, when they come, I feel it at the top of my head almost like a subtle spasm. But the symptoms remained even when I sleep, though it is usually better when...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms could be suggestive of an inner ear disorder. For this reason, I would recommend consulting first with an ENT specialist for a physical exam and performing labyrinthine tests. I would also advise ch...  Read Full »

My eye pressure is 30 and 24 with occasional visual loss. Do I have glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I have high eye pressure of 30 and 24, visual field loss, and at times I go completely blind in both eyes. I have also gone blind in just one eye. I just went back to the eye doctor when I had the pressure of 24 and 30. I have been there three times and each time I had a high eye pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. The presence of elevated intraocular pressure is called as ocular hypertension. If it is associated with visual field changes or optic disc changes it is called as glaucoma. However, ocular hypertension alone also requires treatment particula...  Read Full »

Is borderline eye pressure a hinderence for Lasik or ICL?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having -9 spherical and -2 and -1.5 cylindrical power in my eyes. I have a border line eye pressure. Doctor said I cannot take laser or ICL surgery but can have ReLex Smile for that power. But it also needs some cornea tissues which is a risk factor for glaucoma. I do not know wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much is your eye pressure? Did the doctor measure it with an instrument that puffs out air at you or was it a blue light instrument that he used to touch your eye with? From what you have told me, I understand that you are interested in refractive surgery. But the ...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with high eye pressure and glaucoma. Kindly view my reports and advice.

Query: Hello doctor, Please see below a report of my interactions with eye doctors in the last 21 months. This piece also includes further information under preambles, and questions, under the problem. Before two years, my optometrist advised that I see an ophthalmologist after examining the back of my e...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, I was not able to see any attachments, but I understand your frustration about your diagnosis and recommendations. To start with, all the eye pressure measurements were within normal values but that might be insignificant in case they suspect normal te...  Read Full »

I experience seeing haze or glare and rainbow around light sources. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24-year-old male, and for about two years, I experience seeing haze or glare and rainbow around light sources. It all began in about two years ago, and it gradually gets bigger over time. The intensity of those symptoms does not fluctuate. It is the same throughout the whole day ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seeing colors around lights signifies following things, 1. Glaucoma though your eye pressures are normal but have you undergone a gonioscopy and automated fields test. These two are essential to establish a diagnosis. 2. Early onset cataract. But since you have been t...  Read Full »

Increased intraocular pressure in both the eyes. Should I go for Laser Peripheral Iridotomy surgery(LPI)?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have abnormal pressure in my eyes. I believe it was 24 in one and 23 in the other. My doctor told me that he would not dilate my eyes because it would be dangerous and asked me to find someone to do Laser Peripheral Iridotomy surgery(LPI). I am 23 years old with no medical conditions....  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.com. It seems from the history that you are having increased intraocular pressure in both the eyes, the normal is 14-16 mmHg and you are having 24 and 23 mmHg. Hence we should suspect glaucoma. In one of the sub type of glaucoma called as...  Read Full »

I have a 4th nerve palsy issue. Is it true that it will go away in a few months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 58-year-old cyclist. I recently started having a strange problem with my vision that started almost a month ago. It was also around the same time I was getting new glasses, but my optometrist said that he does not think the two are related. He referred me to see a neuro-ophthal...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are experiencing can all be in 4th nerve or superior oblique muscle palsy. This muscle acts to stabilize the eye when looking down and is the primary muscle acting while looking down and outwards. Since you mentioned that you do not have diabetes or ...  Read Full »

My eye pressure is slightly above average, does it mean glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a few questions about glaucoma. I recently had my yearly eye check-up, and my doctor told me that my eye pressure is slightly above average. I know that having a high eye pressure can cause glaucoma, and it leads to permanent blindness. I do not have any pain in the eye, and also...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Over the years, glaucoma definition has changed. Glaucoma is damage to the optic nerve with visual field defects, and intraocular pressure (IOP) is one of the risk factors. Only with high IOP, we cannot label that someone has glaucoma. Because some people have IOP mo...  Read Full »

My eyes got hurt. In how many days will it become normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I got hit in my right eye with a ball. I went to a doctor and he prescribed Milflox, Megabrom and Homide eye drops. Also, he said that there is nothing to worry. Now, my pupil looks enlarged. In how many days it will become normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eye trauma can have various manifestations, including small bleed, eye pressure rise and retinal changes. In the acute stage, Homide (Homatropine hydrobromide) is given to relieve muscle spasm that arises due to inflammation. Its effect will get reversed after three days ...  Read Full »