Eye Pressure

I am diagnosed with high eye pressure and glaucoma. Kindly view my reports and advice.

Query: Hello doctor, Please see below a report of my interactions with eye doctors in the last 21 months. This piece also includes further information under preambles, and questions, under the problem. Before two years, my optometrist advised that I see an ophthalmologist after examining the back of my e...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, I was not able to see any attachments, but I understand your frustration about your diagnosis and recommendations. To start with, all the eye pressure measurements were within normal values but that might be insignificant in case they suspect normal te...  Read Full »

I experience seeing haze or glare and rainbow around light sources. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24-year-old male, and for about two years, I experience seeing haze or glare and rainbow around light sources. It all began in about two years ago, and it gradually gets bigger over time. The intensity of those symptoms does not fluctuate. It is the same throughout the whole day ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seeing colors around lights signifies following things, 1. Glaucoma though your eye pressures are normal but have you undergone a gonioscopy and automated fields test. These two are essential to establish a diagnosis. 2. Early onset cataract. But since you have been t...  Read Full »

Increased intraocular pressure in both the eyes. Should I go for Laser Peripheral Iridotomy surgery(LPI)?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have abnormal pressure in my eyes. I believe it was 24 in one and 23 in the other. My doctor told me that he would not dilate my eyes because it would be dangerous and asked me to find someone to do Laser Peripheral Iridotomy surgery(LPI). I am 23 years old with no medical conditions....  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq.com. It seems from the history that you are having increased intraocular pressure in both the eyes, the normal is 14-16 mmHg and you are having 24 and 23 mmHg. Hence we should suspect glaucoma. In one of the sub type of glaucoma called as...  Read Full »

I have a 4th nerve palsy issue. Is it true that it will go away in a few months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 58-year-old cyclist. I recently started having a strange problem with my vision that started almost a month ago. It was also around the same time I was getting new glasses, but my optometrist said that he does not think the two are related. He referred me to see a neuro-ophthal...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are experiencing can all be in 4th nerve or superior oblique muscle palsy. This muscle acts to stabilize the eye when looking down and is the primary muscle acting while looking down and outwards. Since you mentioned that you do not have diabetes or ...  Read Full »

My eye pressure is slightly above average, does it mean glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a few questions about glaucoma. I recently had my yearly eye check-up, and my doctor told me that my eye pressure is slightly above average. I know that having a high eye pressure can cause glaucoma, and it leads to permanent blindness. I do not have any pain in the eye, and also...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Over the years, glaucoma definition has changed. Glaucoma is damage to the optic nerve with visual field defects, and intraocular pressure (IOP) is one of the risk factors. Only with high IOP, we cannot label that someone has glaucoma. Because some people have IOP mo...  Read Full »

My eyes got hurt. In how many days will it become normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I got hit in my right eye with a ball. I went to a doctor and he prescribed Milflox, Megabrom and Homide eye drops. Also, he said that there is nothing to worry. Now, my pupil looks enlarged. In how many days it will become normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eye trauma can have various manifestations, including small bleed, eye pressure rise and retinal changes. In the acute stage, Homide (Homatropine hydrobromide) is given to relieve muscle spasm that arises due to inflammation. Its effect will get reversed after three days ...  Read Full »

I have a burning pain between my eyebrows. What specialist should I consult?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been experiencing a burning sensation and a pricking pain near my left eyebrow and between my eyebrows. I especially feel it when I am about to cry. The pain makes my eyes burn and no tears come out. I also felt this when I make certain facial movements, cough, sneeze, and when I...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could possibly be due to allergic blepharitis, since you have a propensity for environmental allergies, or may be an infective focus in the eyelids. The treatment for former is steroid based eye drops, while for the latter it is local and oral antibiotics.  I su...  Read Full »

My eye pressure is fluctuating between 22 to 28. Do I need implant surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female of 62 years age. I was operated for cataract five months back for both the eyes. As my cataract was only 20 %, but eye pressure was 22. My OCT was done, which showed no damage to nerves. My perimeter too is clear. No family history of glaucoma. I was put on various drops...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a practice that if perimetry is normal, one waits to start any antiglaucoma medication. The protocol is to graph your IOP (intraocular pressure) for 24 hours or IOP at different times of day repeatedly for a week, then one can decide if you have glaucoma or if you...  Read Full »

What is the medical term for having no pigment in the eye?

Query: Hello doctor,My eye doctor told me, after doing an eye scan, that I have no pigment in my sclera. She said she could see right through my eye in the scans. I cannot find anything online regarding this. I would like to know what this condition is called so I can research as I also have glaucoma that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think what she meant was iris, not sclera. There is brown or black pigment in our iris. Normally, some people have blue or green. But, there this a genetic condition known as albinism or pigment dispersion syndrome which leads to loss of pigments from the iris. Pa...  Read Full »

Are my eye pressure values normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to see my optician and my left eye had an IOP of 22 and the right had 20. These seem to be the average numbers going back six years at two-year intervals. He dilated the eyes and inspected and took photos of the optic nerves. He said everything looked healthy and said to come b...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pressure readings you told me are within normal limits. Since the ophthalmologist you saw did a detailed fundus examination and told you everything was fine and also your fields are fine. So, I think you do not have anything to worry about. Also if nobody ...  Read Full »