Q. Please give a second opinion regarding the course of tablet Temozolomide?

Dr. Jatin Bhatia

I had brain surgery four and half months ago after receiving a biopsy report (WHO grade II), followed by radiotherapy and tablet Temozolomide 120 mg during therapy. Also, I am taking five days dose of 300 mg tablet Temozolomide every 28 days as per the prescription. But, after my last cycle of five days, I suffered from fever continuously, and then I did not take it, and all is fine now. So, can you please give me a second opinion regarding the tablet Temozolomide course?

#

To help you, I would like to know the biopsy report in detail. The way you have described the treatment, I believe it is a case of high-grade glioma. Regarding the duration of tablet Temozolomide, in high-grade glioma, usually, twelve cycles are required. Specific molecular tests can help take the above decision, such as MGMT (methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase) promoter methylation test. Thus, to help you regarding your query, kindly share all the reports and treatment details.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I have attached the reports and the treatment details. Please find it.

#

Do you have any molecular test reports like 1p19q codeletion (combined loss of the short arm of chromosome 1 and the long arm of chromosome 19)?

Considering the tumor type as oligodendroglioma and grade 2 biopsy report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), six cycles of tablet Temozolomide should be enough. Kindly do MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the brain after completing six cycles to suggest a further course.

|