Q. Does my wife's MRI show the reason for recurrent dizziness and headaches?

Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Published on Jul 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is 34 years old, and she is having recurrent dizziness and headaches. So, she got an MRI scan of the brain. I have attached the reports for your better understanding. Your advice is much appreciated.

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

• Unfortunately, the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) says that there is a mass in the brain, most likely a cancerous growth. IT is most probably a high-grade glioma or lymphoma.
  • You will need to see a neurosurgeon, who will be able to examine her and analyze the MRI in detail to determine the best possible treatment strategy for her.

Best wishes.

For more information consult a neuro surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full »

I get dizziness when I look up or get up. What is causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been getting bouts of confusion, dizziness (when looking up and sometimes when getting up), headaches, pulses, and pressure in my head and what I can only explain as brain fog (during these episodes, I find that my problem solving and my cognitive function is diminished). The epi...  Read Full »

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full »

Ask a Neuro Surgeon Now