Q. What is the cure for sore throat and swallowing problem?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

I have a sore throat and trouble swallowing. I had Candida albicans in the throat and saw an ENT two days ago. He said it was almost gone but I have an inflamed papilla. Could that be the reason? I have trouble eating and drinking now.

#

An enlarged papilla can be due to infection and inflammation.

Apply Candid Mouth Paint (Clotrimazole Topical) to the tongue and oral cavity four to five times a day for a week.

I suggest you take an oral antifungal also. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

Is there any history of diabetes?

It would be better if you can send me a picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.

For more information consult an ENT Otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Attached here is a picture of my throat. There is no history of diabetes. I have been on Nystatin for over a month now.

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Fungal infection can lead to superadded bacterial infection.

You are having glossitis that is tongue cracks along with candidiasis.

I suggest you take a course of antibiotics as well. Apply Candid Mouth Paint (Clotrimazole Topical) to the tongue and oral cavity.

I suggest you take tablet vitamin C once daily and use Hexidine Mouth Wash (Chlorhexidine Gluconate). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.

Avoid any spicy food and aerated drinks.

Avoid smoking and tobacco use.

|