Q. I have sore throat from two years. Please advise.

Dr. A K Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

I have a bad case of sore throat. It has been two years since I have a sore throat. I regularly gargle with hot water or diluted Betadine gargles (Povidone-iodine solution ), but there is no effect. Rather, it has gotten worse.

#

As you are a chronic patient of pharyngeal infection, we have to rule out all possible causes one by one with a thorough examination and necessary investigations.

You should go for the following investigations.

1. CT paranasal sinuses.
  2. Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.
  3. Examination of the oral cavity for hygiene to rule out an infective pocket.
  4. Blood investigation for CBC (complete blood count), blood sugar, etc.

Considering the findings of clinical examination and investigation one may plan for treatment.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|