Q. I have sore throat from two years. Please advise.

Dr. A.k.srivastava
Published on Apr 25, 2018

I have a bad case of sore throat. It has been two years since I have a sore throat. I regularly gargle with hot water or diluted Betadine gargles (Povidone-iodine solution ), but there is no effect. Rather, it has gotten worse.

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

As you are a chronic patient of pharyngeal infection, we have to rule out all possible causes one by one with a thorough examination and necessary investigations.

You should go for the following investigations.

1. CT paranasal sinuses.
  2. Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.
  3. Examination of the oral cavity for hygiene to rule out an infective pocket.
  4. Blood investigation for CBC (complete blood count), blood sugar, etc.

Considering the findings of clinical examination and investigation one may plan for treatment.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Whenever I cough to clear my throat, why do I get a strange smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I had some cough and cold last month due to drinking chilled beverages. After that, I have had a feeling of throat blockage, and my throat was burning. If I try to cough forcefully to clear the throat, I get a strange smell in my nose. I am taking Telekast L ...  Read Full »

I am having sore throat with post nasal drip and lymph node enlargement. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old and from the last two years, my sore throat is not going away. I am having a lot of post nasal drip. I tried taking OTC anti-histamines, nothing helped. Today I noticed a hard lump under the chin at right side right at the point where throat begins. What is causing it?  Read Full »

I have something stuck in my throat. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have acidity and I feel like something is stuck in my throat and have inflammation.  Read Full »