Glutathione

I am taking Maxiliv injections for dark complexion, but there is no change. Do I need to increase the dose?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have a dark brown complexion. I am taking Maxiliv injection IV twice in a week for four months to lighten my skin. But till now there is no change. Why I am not getting any result. I do not expose myself in sunlight and use sunscreen also. I want to know abo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not necessary that every individual responds to glutathione injections. Effects vary from one individual to the other. If there is no response even after 10 doses, then you should stop treatment. It would not be of any use. Glutathione is not permanent lightening...  Read Full »

Is It Safe To Use Iv Glutathione To Get Lighter Skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I had very dark complexion in the past. But after consuming antioxidants like Vitamin C, E, Glutathione and Alpha Lipoic Acid my skin has lightened up about two to three shades. It has been very helpful but I still need to get lighter. Is it safe for me to get IV Glutathione? I have he...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Injectable Glutathione is not FDA approved. Still, it is used by many people to reduce the skin tone by two to three shades. It is a once-a-week injection for four weeks, then once in two weeks for four weeks. If there is no response after three to four sessions the...  Read Full »

Can I use Glutathione for skin whitening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old female. I want to use Glutathione for skin whitening. So I want to know whether 1000 mg Glutathione is safe for the body or not? Will taking 1000 mg Glutathione daily show any side effects? If yes, then what type of side effects it will be? Will it affect my menstrua...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Glutathione is a natural product and for maximum efficacy, it is given intravenously. However, it is impractical to get intravenous every day hence oral Glutathione is given widely. Ideally, it is given 500 mg twice daily but 1000 mg per day can also be given along with...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Glutathione when one is planning to conceive?

Query: Hello doctor, My 25-year-old wife is planning to use Glutathione as one of her dietary supplements. She is still trying to conceive. Is that okay? Is it safe? Will it still be okay to take Glutathione during pregnancy? What other dietary supplements would you recommend?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Glutathione is a master antioxidant that plays an important role in the development and growth of the fetus. In the placenta, Glutathione detoxifies pollutants before they reach the developing child. Glutathione also supports your immune function, which i...  Read Full »

Hydroquinone creams are giving me only temporary skin lightening. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My skin tone is dusky. One year ago, I started using Hydroquinone cream. After three to four months, I stopped using it, but then, my face started to become dark again. After a month, I started to use this cream again and then stopped. I want to make my skin healthy and have a clear c...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The long-term use of Hydroquinone can cause permanent discoloration called exogenous ochronosis, especially on persons with a dusky skin. The use of any skin lightening agents gives results only till it is being used. For a healthy skin tone, start applying sunscreen e...  Read Full »

Do you prefer Glutathione for skin whitening?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. Can I prefer Glutathione treatment for skin whitening? If yes, then please response with the duration.  Read Full »

Dr. Amritagarwal

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take Glutathione treatment for skin whitening. Regarding dose and duration, for normal skin tone, initially, two Glutathione capsules daily for 1.5 to 2 months. For brown skin tone two capsules daily for 2 to 3 months and dark brown skin two capsules daily...  Read Full »