Growth Retardation

Can we use this Norditropin Nordilet in a 10-year-old boy with delayed physical growth?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about my son's health. He is a little over 10 years. At the birth, he had difficulty in receiving oxygen, and ever since he has had occasional seizures and developmental delay in learning. He can walk, talk, and eat like any other normal kid. The problems he has currently are de...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The issue is straight forward, and we need to rule out common causes of short height in the first instance. These include nutritional, familial (may be constitutional) or due to anemia or celiac disease. These kinds of medicines to be used very cautiously, these may ...  Read Full »

I am not growing taller. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old girl and I weigh 60 kg. I am 4 feet 9 inches tall. I think I am not growing since I was 13 years old and my mom is a few inches taller and my dad is 6 feet. I have not taken any medication for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have gained a lot of weight for your age. This is one of the major reason for not growing taller. Children who are overweight are often seen to stop growing taller earlier than others and this is particularly true for girls. Also, you may have acquired ...  Read Full »

Will seizures slow my daughter's growth and development?

Query: Hello doctor, My 12 year daughter has been suffering from seizures since birth. The cause of the seizure was not known, that is, idiopathic. She is now taking Valparin 500 Chrono and Levipil 750 both two times daily. Last seizure occurred four years ago. Developments are slow although attained puber...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that as your daughter has been suffering from seizures since birth, it is very likely that her brain has been damaged during birth (from hypoxia) or she has any specific genetic syndrome, associated to seizures. Both these...  Read Full »

My 6.3 year old daughter has breast buds. Will Lupron injections help her?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter was 6.3 years old when I noticed that she has breast buds. After consulting the pediatric endocrinologist, we went for bone age and pelvic ultrasound tests. Both the tests were age appropriate. She is 4.03 feet tall, and I am 5.6 feet, and my husband is 5.10 feet tall. As ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your daughter, and it appears that your daughter has precocious puberty and therefore it is necessary to give Lupron (Leuprolide acetate) injections. The problem is, if she continues without treatment, then she will reach a bone maturity so...  Read Full »

My son has been having severe vomiting since 1 year of age. How to treat this?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old. He has been having severe vomiting after meals since he was an infant. At about 1 year of age, the vomiting slowed to about three times a week, which is how frequent he vomits now. He is in the third percentile for height 39 inches at 5 years and weighs 27 lbs. He h...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very sad to see your child in such a situation. I understand that your child is chronically malnourished. Vomiting since such a long duration needs thorough evaluation. You can go for imaging (CT or MRI scan) of the abdomen and endoscopy with or without biopsy of u...  Read Full »

What will be the future effect of early puberty?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my younger daughter's health and I would like to get a second opinion before I take any decision. My younger daughter was 1 year 6 months old when she came to this new place. Last year, when she was 5 years old we had to do a physical examination for getting admiss...  Read Full »

Dr. Vera Zdravkovic

Endocrinologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would agree with doctors that this is precocious puberty and signs of puberty and bone age progressed since recently (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am confused with hormonal results, could it be mistaken that these are entered in a wrong spot, becau...  Read Full »