This is regarding my younger daughter's health and I would like to get a second opinion before I take any decision. My younger daughter was 1 year 6 months old when she came to this new place. Last year, when she was 5 years old we had to do a physical examination for getting admission in the school. During the examination the primary care doctor noticed some abnormal growth in her body like breast buds and asked us to consult a pediatric endocrinologist for further examination. We consulted a pediatric endocrinologist and did a complete examination such as blood test, bone age and brain MRI. The MRI came back normal with no issues, however the bone age showed 8.5 years old. Also, physical development shows Tanner 2 breast development, Tanner 1 pubic hair and scanty axillary hair. Her random LH value was 0.9. The doctor said she is hitting the precocious puberty and needs to be treated. The treatment plan was Lupron or Supprelin. We researched the side effects of Lupron and Supprelin and found like overweight and unconsciousness affects the body in later stage and many mixed answers. We were confused and was not able to discuss with anyone. As this was new to us, we left that moment without proceeding any treatment. Again, this year, we went for another set of examination and the results came up with the bone age as 10.5 years. Actually, she is 6 years old. I am attaching the current results for your reference.
The doctor again said that we need to do treatment and to start with Lupron 30 mg every three months. We are still in a confused state whether to start the treatment. So, we like to have a second opinion. What will happen if we do not treat? Will she end up in less height and growth once she hit puberty? 3. What are the side effects of Lupron? Will you be able to tell us the experience shared with any of your patients? Can this get cured naturally? Is it due to the environment or food habits of my place? If we move to our native, will that environment and food habit cure this? We are totally in a confused state and not able to take a firm decision.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Estrogen tablets intoxication.Probable diagnosis:
Lupron as suggested.Regarding follow up:
For further doubts consult a paediatrician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician
Thank you doctor,
It was a hard decision and so we decided to discuss and seek a second opinion with other doctors. As you said the hormone results also confused us. When we discussed with our doctor, he said it will go up and down. I am attaching the previous year height and weight along with the hormone results of previous and current year. I have also attached the MRI scan results.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 5 years old, was detected with abdominal lymphadenopathy. Her ESR level is 62. She is also suffering from constipation and abdominal pain. Her doctor done blood tests, ultrasound and endoscopy followed by histopathology. The biopsy report shows chronic duodenitis with ... Read Full »
Query: Dear doctor, I want to test myself for HGH deficiency. Can you tell me a complete guide on how should I proceed? What tests should I do? After I have done them, can I post it here for a thorough examination from your doctors, so that they can tell me whether I am HGH deficient? I want to test that... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Paediatrician Now