Gum Abscess

I have a small red lump on my gums which bleeds during brushing. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a small red lump on my gums. Not sure if it is an abscess or something and wants some advice. It is red and bleeds when I brush, and there is only pain when I brush.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how long do you have this lump? It could be an abscess, but need a clear picture of it for confirmation. Is there any decayed tooth associated with it nearby? If possible, send pictures or go to a nearby dentist.   Read Full »

I have a gum abscess spreading to cheeks. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an abscess on my top left gum that is now spreading to my cheeks. I am 19. I had an abscess in the same place at 10 or other young age. Last time I went to the dentist they did not do the cleaning in the first appointment so I did not get one, but wisdom teeth removal was sugge...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Immediately start with these medicines. Tablet Augmentin 625 mg twice a day for five days, tablet Gramex 400 mg twice a day for five days, tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day or thrice a day if the pain is severe for five days. Moreover, take some mustard oil or olive oil, p...  Read Full »

What is the reason for recurrent abscess in a filled tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an infection in my tooth and it was treated with a filling after a course of antibiotics. After the filling, an abscess reoccurred twice which was treated with antibiotics. It seemed to settle for a while and then I could feel a pain and pressure inside the tooth. Now a small pimpl...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. As per your history, it seems to me that you are having recurrent apical periodontitis. If the filling is still there, it needs to be removed. The recurrent apical abscess is because of this infectious to...  Read Full »

Is this a tooth abscess or root canal?

Query: Hello doctor,Is this a tooth abscess or root canal may be?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and based on that, I would say that your wisdom tooth has caries (cavity) that seems to be deep. Secondly, it has not erupted (come out) completely into the oral cavity and the gu...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for bleeding gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bleeding gums over only one tooth. The gums are neither swollen nor painful. But, I have bright red lining just above that tooth when I finish brushing. I would like to stress that it is the only area that bleeds. Also, the next to that tooth I had a root canal treatment before two...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a gum injury, which you had while brushing or infection due to food impaction in that area. It can be also due to the irregular biting relation of the upper and lower canine teeth. It is definitely not related to the nearby root canal treatment. You shou...  Read Full »

Tooth pain and a white lump on my upper gum

Query: Hello doctor,I recently started having tooth pain and it has not gone away. I do have a white lump on my upper gum but I have had it for a while. Sometimes, it goes away and then comes back. My tooth pain almost feels like a cavity but I am not sure.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems your tooth is having a chronic abscess due to infection reaching the pulp and beyond the roots of the tooth and the white swelling is an abscess. I suggest you consult your dentist who will take an X-ray of the tooth and will confirm the diagnosis and explai...  Read Full »

Please suggest remedy for small gum abscess.

Query: Hello doctor, I have gum abscess. It is very small and white in color. Should I visit a dentist or will it be alright if I go for home remedies?  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had sent a clear photograph of the jaw and whether you did a filling of the tooth in the same area so that I can assess it properly. Still, with limited inputs, I feel it is a case of gingival abscess due to a diseased tooth or carious t...  Read Full »

My face has swollen after a gum abscess. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an abscess in my gums. I went to the hospital yesterday and they prescribed me 500 mg Penicillin to be taken four times a day. I started the Penicillin at 10 AM yesterday. The abscess has caused my face to swell. Overnight, the swelling has spread to the area around my eye. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a tooth abscess. As you already know, the tooth is involved. So, I would suggest you get an x-ray of the tooth done. As the infection is severe, I suggest you take stronger antibiotics like Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid). Also, start taking S...  Read Full »

How to save a tooth with gum abscess in a 3 year old?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a child who is three years old. He has an abscess on his gums above his front tooth. X-rays are taken, and the dentist wants to pull out the tooth. He says that the roots are gone. So there is no need to keep it. The tooth appears perfect when you look. Is it possible to give him ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your child is only three years old, so the chances of root resorption are low which means that his roots must be intact. If the root is intact, then you can go for the procedure called pulpectomy, which can save the tooth. Even the antibiotics can help him for the...  Read Full »

I found a small bump on my gum. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hello doctor, So, I found one small bump on my gum right before the tooth. I barely touched it and it started bleeding but it was only one bump. Should I be concerned?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, it seems to me that you are having acute apical periodontitis with a gingival abscess. For that, you need to take antibiotics for at least five days. The tenderness of the tooth is also because of the same reason.  Read Full »