Q. I have a small gum abscess. What has to be done?

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

I have gum abscess. It is very small and white in color. Should I visit a dentist or will it be alright if I go for home remedies?

#

It would have been better if you had sent a clear photograph of the jaw and whether you did a filling of the tooth in the same area so that I can assess it properly. Still, with limited inputs, I feel it is a case of gingival abscess due to a diseased tooth or carious tooth. Yes, it needs dentists intervention if there is really a problem in tooth and if the tooth is fine, then you can get well with medication. Tablet Ofloxacin 290 mg, Ornidazole 500 mg BD for five days. Tablet Diclofenac 50 mg and Paracetamol 500 mg BD for three days. Mixed with Chlorhexidine 0.1 % twice daily for 15 days. Rinsing for only 15 seconds.

This abscess will resolve in a few days but as I told, it is to be seen whether you have a carious tooth or filling or RCT treated tooth in the same region. If you have radiograph, you can send. But I am pretty sure you will get relief in three days after taking this medication.

|