Q. What can I take for bacterial infection in my gums?

Dr. Asma Parveen
Published on Jun 27, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 09, 2019

I have a bacterial infection in my gums because of my wisdom teeth coming in. I have taken Clindamycin and Motrin but it does not work.

#

Gum infection can be due to a number of reasons like tooth infection or cavity, abscess, etc.

If Clindamycin is not working, I suggest taking Amoxicillin 500 mg twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Along with this, start with some warm saline gargles at least five to six times a day for a week.

Hope this helps you.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

How can I manage painful swollen gums with ulcers caused by excessive brushing?

Query: Hello doctor, After trying to fix my general teeth and gums, I have managed to get rid of the yellow plaque after a few days. However, after brushing gums excessively, ulcers have appeared, and my gums have swollen slightly and are very painful. I was wondering how to fix them and how long it will t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, you have gum infection (gingivitis). It is common and curable. First thing if there is any hard deposit then you should see your dentist for a professional dental cleaning. Maintain proper oral hygiene like two times brushing, flossing at least once a day, do...  Read Full

How to treat swollen gum near the molar?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have got a swelling in gums near the area of wisdom tooth for the past three days. Now, it is paining a lot. Please prescribe any medicine.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read through your complaint and the relevant details. The swelling of the gums is because of the infection around the erupting wisdom tooth. Also, there will be clogged food particles within the gums in that region. To get rid of the pain, I suggest tablet Ketorol DT (K...  Read Full

I have sensitivity in gums. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pain in my mouth. It is like sensitivity pain. I cannot say it is pain exactly, it is irritating a lot. No pain in teeth. It is feeling like itching in my gums (middle of the teeth). Please tell me what can I do.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the characteristics you have mentioned, it seems that you have a mild gum infection. Do not worry it is common and not a big problem. You can follow some instructions given. Brush twice a day. Using floss at least once a day. Gum massage with gum ointmen...  Read Full