Q. What can I take for bacterial infection in my gums?

Dr. Asma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 09, 2019

I have a bacterial infection in my gums because of my wisdom teeth coming in. I have taken Clindamycin and Motrin but it does not work.

#

Gum infection can be due to a number of reasons like tooth infection or cavity, abscess, etc.

If Clindamycin is not working, I suggest taking Amoxicillin 500 mg twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Along with this, start with some warm saline gargles at least five to six times a day for a week.

Hope this helps you.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

How can I manage painful swollen gums with ulcers caused by excessive brushing?

Query: Hello doctor, After trying to fix my general teeth and gums, I have managed to get rid of the yellow plaque after a few days. However, after brushing gums excessively, ulcers have appeared, and my gums have swollen slightly and are very painful. I was wondering how to fix them and how long it will t...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen gum near the molar?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have got a swelling in gums near the area of wisdom tooth for the past three days. Now, it is paining a lot. Please prescribe any medicine.  Read Full »

I have sensitivity in gums. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pain in my mouth. It is like sensitivity pain. I cannot say it is pain exactly, it is irritating a lot. No pain in teeth. It is feeling like itching in my gums (middle of the teeth). Please tell me what can I do.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»