Q. What can I take for bacterial infection in my gums?

Dr. Asma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 09, 2019

I have a bacterial infection in my gums because of my wisdom teeth coming in. I have taken Clindamycin and Motrin but it does not work.

#

Gum infection can be due to a number of reasons like tooth infection or cavity, abscess, etc.

If Clindamycin is not working, I suggest taking Amoxicillin 500 mg twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Along with this, start with some warm saline gargles at least five to six times a day for a week.

Hope this helps you.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|