Q. When I suck my upper gums, there is bleeding and a bad taste. Why?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2021

I am a 27-year-old male. Since four months after brushing, there is blood in my mouth. Now, if I suck my left side upper gum, there is a bad taste and bleeding. I brush twice a day. And I did not have any dental issues before. I am using Sensodyne due to some sensitivity since the same time mentioned before. I am not on any medication. Kindly help me.

#

Welcome to iclliniq.com.

It is the beginning of gum infection you are talking about, and you need to get scaling done soon. Bleeding gums is because of developing plaque at gum lines which initially cause gingivitis or inflamed gums, but if left untreated, plaque will turn harder, and there is also increased bleeding with time-lapse leading to periodontitis or problem in periodontal bone or teeth surrounding bone or jaw bone. Plaque, no matter soft or hard, cannot be removed by toothbrushing, so the mistake is not yours. You can continue with your routine brushing twice a day and get an appointment from a periodontist or any family dentist and get full mouth deep scaling done. It will not take much of your time but will surely save you from further complications in the future, both health-wise and cost-wise. I hope this was helpful.

|