Q. My wife has swollen gums with pain in wisdom tooth area. Please suggest solution.

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on May 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 16, 2020

My wife is having toothache and swollen and inflamed gums for four days. This is due to wisdom teeth. Currently, she is taking Cataflam 50 mg two tablets in 24 hours for the past two days for pain relief.

Her age is 36 years and her weight is 56 kg. She does not have any past medical history. Currently, we feel visiting the dentist should be avoided. Please advise for medication.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentistry Maxillofacial Prosthodontist Oral Implantologist Periodontist
#

The proper treatment of wisdom tooth is extraction as wisdom tooth is not able to perform its function of chewing because it is present in the most posterior position of our oral cavity. So it is of no use in saving it by RCT (root canal treatment) and crown and wasting money and time in it. So it is better to go for extraction after lockdown overs and kindly visit a dentist who is taking all the sterilization measures with PPE (personal protective equipment) kit.

Until that time, do saline and warm water gargle three to four times a day for seven days. Take hot pack from outside the mouth and apply it on the affected cheek area to reduce the swelling twice a day for seven days. Take tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg BD for five days, Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac, Serratiopeptidase, and Paracetamol) BD for five days, Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) OD before food in the morning, and capsule Becosule OD.

In case of severe pain take tablet Ketorol - DT (two tablets dissolve in a glass of water).

| 

Please suggest some painkiller for my back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female, who is suffering from severe back pain. I am a teacher and have a 7 months old child. When I am at work, I have back pains at the end of the backbone, on the right side over the kidney. I got an ultrasound and an x-ray of the back. And I do not have any kidney s...  Read Full »

Other than painkiller, can you suggest some option for knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Will pericoronitis in the left upper wisdom tooth is likely to cause Ludwig's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I heard that Pericoronitis could cause Ludwig syndrome, which can interfere with breathing. I heard this happens when the lower wisdom tooth is infected. Can this still happen if the upper wisdom tooth is infected? My upper left wisdom tooth is infected. However, I am treating it wi...  Read Full »