Q. I have painful swollen gums with ulcers after excessive brushing. Kindly help.

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

After trying to fix my general teeth and gums, I have managed to get rid of the yellow plaque after a few days. However, after brushing gums excessively, ulcers have appeared, and my gums have swollen slightly and are very painful. I was wondering how to fix them and how long it will take?

#

Actually, you have gum infection (gingivitis). It is common and curable. First thing if there is any hard deposit then you should see your dentist for a professional dental cleaning. Maintain proper oral hygiene like two times brushing, flossing at least once a day, do not use any type of tobacco or smoking, change your toothbrush every two months and use proper brushing technique. These instructions help you to maintain healthy gum and teeth.

| 

Why is my gum swollen at the back?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a swollen gum at the back of my last tooth on my left side. It feels like a new teeth is coming up and the pain sometimes extends to ear also. I can remember that I got this pain few years back on my right side and it went away by itself. What should I do now? What is the reason...  Read Full »

Is drinking nail polish remover dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about the side effects of ingesting a small amount of nail polish remover. Here is the scenario. My girlfriend used the nail polish remover on her hands to take off her polish. Immediately after that, we were making out. So, I kind of sucked her fingers and nails. I ...  Read Full »