Q. Need help for a lesion that spreads from inner arms to stomach and back.

This is a premium question & answer published on May 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 08, 2021

It started with a burning sensation on my neck and then I have noticed red dots in the inner side of my arms. Then it spread to my stomach and back. They itch sometimes. I have previous history of psoriasis on my knees, but this is different. I also had shingles when I was 7 years old.

#

I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read your given history.

Your case looks like a guttate psoriasis. This type of psoriasis occurs in individual who had plaque psoriasis and developed sudden appearance of an outbreak of red drop like lesions all over body.

Trigger of the disease is often streptococcal (bacterial). Sore throat followed within two to three weeks by the eruption or chicken pox.

Usually this type of psoriasis goes away in a few weeks without treatment. Simply moisturizing the skin may be sufficient.

If throat culture comes positive for sore throat then starting antibiotics for the infection will be helpful.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|