Gynecomastia is a condition characterized by swollen or puffy male breast tissues. It can happen at any age but usually occur in newborns, puberty, and adulthood. It results from hormonal changes, heredity, obesity, or certain drugs. Gynecomastia surgery, also known as male breast reduction, reduces breast size in men. The procedure involves liposuction with or without gland excision, depending on the grade and type of gynecomastia.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is it possible for an otherwise healthy person to have gynecomastia?

Query: Hello doctor, I had prolactinoma diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism. I was treated with cabergoline and hydrocortisone for a few years and then taken off hydrocortisone when the adrenals began to function properly. My most recent blood tests came back normal, and I was tested for loads of other...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Gynecomastia could be due to a testosterone deficiency, thyroid disorder or adrenal insufficiency in your case. Since your prolactin levels are normal and there is no further growth, it is no longer due to the prolactinoma. I would suggest you have your seru...  Read Full »

I am a 17-year-old boy who gets nipple discharge from squeezing my breasts. Why?

Query: Hi, I am a 17-year-old boy, and I have a question. When I squeeze both my nipples very hard, a tiny little bit of clear liquid (a drop) comes out. What does this mean?   Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hi,Welcome to read your query and understand your concern.Please answer a few questions-1. Is there any swelling or enlarged breast tissue in that area?2. Since when are you having this problem of clear liquid discharge?Thank you.  Read Full »

I am 16 years old. How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16 year old male with gynecomastia. I weigh 70 kg and I am about 5' 4". How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Makwana Tanvi Ghanshyambhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Gynecomastia during puberty of your age is normal. It will subside in one year's time on its own. Do not worry about it. If you are overweight or obese, then you must lose weight. No medicine is required right now and please do not develop any complex because of it...  Read Full »

Do I have gynecomastia if one side of my chest is larger than the other?

Query: Hello doctor, Hello doctor, I have one side of the chest larger than the ot...  Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I saw the files you have attached (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity). In the supine position, more elevation is noted around the left nipple than the right nipple. Gynecomastia is a benign enlargement of the male b...  Read Full »

I am a 26 year old male. My chest is developing into breast and it looks very weird on me.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am a 26 year old male. From the age of 13, my chest is developing into breast and it looks very weird on me. I feel like, I have gynecomastia. I feel very upset. Please help me with a cure for this.  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please do not worry. There are a lot of options for treating your problem. Check all these before you consult a doctor: You have to check whether there is a separate lump or general enlargement of the chest. And whether the enlargement is on both the sides. Check whether ...  Read Full »

Kindly tell me the treatment available for gynecomastia.

Query: Hello doctor,I have had puffy nipples on both sides for 15 years, and now I am a 23-year-old male with a height of six feet, one itch, and a weight of 82 kilograms. I think it is gynecomastia. I need to know about the treatment. Is there any risk factor?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Gynecomastia might happen due to an imbalance of hormones estrogen and testosterone in men. First, the condition should be confirmed by consulting the endocrinologist. Most cases resolve with time and few require treatment if there is any cause that is responsible for i...  Read Full »

Why do I have fluid accumulation in my right breast after gynecomastia surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get a...  Read Full »

Is it good to have surgery or medication to reduce chest fat?

Query: Hi doctor, I have gynecomastia. Does surgery is the only solution for the early symptoms of this disorder? Can I have any medications to reduce my chest fat at an early stage? Kindly give your opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Increased fat in the chest region occurs in young males due to hormonal changes that take place during adolescence. It appears like a breast in young males. Moreover, it is not permanent, and it returns to normal with age. Surgery is not required for everyone as the...  Read Full »

Why are my breasts so prominent?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 43 years old. I am suffering from many things related to my body. I have been most of my lifetime having man boobs. My boobs are not proportional to the ratio of the fat in my body. I used to go to gym to battle that. This helped in getting my chest in a more firm shape, but never sm...  Read Full »

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This is mainly due to increased estrogen hormone and also can occur because of hormonal imbalance. This can be treated with medicines and if not treated, then very conservative operative procedures are there. But, I need a snapshot picture of the affected area before that...  Read Full »

What is the possibility of breast cancer in men?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old male with mast cell activation syndrome. For treatment, I take H1 and H2 histamine blockers daily. Recently, I noticed that my left breast is enlarged or swollen. I recently lost a bit of weight during the home quarantine, and I noticed that my left breast is down...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from discoloration of the skin on the left side of the chest near the underarm, which looks somewhat like a bruise where it is darkest and looks like subtle discoloration where i...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.