Q. I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body. What can they be?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2021

I am 72 years male, who weighs 66 kg and I am 166 cm tall. I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body which responses temporarily to oral steroids. RAST test showed I am allergic to dogs and cats. My dermatologist diagnosed it as type 3 hypersensitivity (IgG mediated), and I am not taking gluten, barley, garlic, and wheat, but there is no response.

I have pancreas divisum, chronic pancreatitis, intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN), which is not growing since discovered five years ago. But my calcium is high (19.9), creatinine is normal (2.82), amylase is 54, and HbA1c is 5.7. They accidentally found small cysts in the liver and kidneys (not a cystic disease but considered normal with age), mild asymptomatic diverticulosis, and BHP with minimal symptoms. I also have a partial hearing and memory loss, mild tremors, some cervical and sacral degenerative changes. I take a lot of nutrients, antioxidants, and stopped alcohol six years ago. I do a lot of exercises. 

I have recurrent attacks of angina from when I was 50 years old, mild CAD, and controlled hypertension with minimal medication. My EF is 65, mild mitral regurgitation and mild right ventricular atrial hypertrophy. What is my diagnosis? Do I need to do more testing? What is the treatment?

#

I have read your query.

• Please sent pictures of the lesions, for a better understanding.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thanks for your prompt reply. The biopsy diagnosis was eczema. I just send eight pictures with the history.

#

I have read your concern and examined the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It looks like you have developed disseminated eczema or allergic contact dermatitis. But, the body surface area is not that much involved, and it can easily be manageable with a topical steroid, no need to take oral steroids.

I suggest you try the following.

1. Try using Hhsalic (combination of Mometasone and Salicylic acid) ointment, twice daily.
  2. Tablet Levocetirizine, once daily for two weeks, after consulting your physician or nearby dermatologist.
  3. And tablet Azathioprine, to be taken for 3 to 5 days only.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|