Q. I have dark spots on my fingers. What would this be and how to treat?

Published on Aug 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 16, 2019

• I have dark spots on my fingers that I have noticed this month only.
  • It seems to be dry skin and this area on my fingers look bruised, as if they were left in the cold and looks almost purplish.
  • In the past I did have tiny bumps that were itchy on the sides of my fingers but, they are not there any longer.
  • I am concerned as I do not want this to spread.
  • I am worried that it may be due to me having chronic fatigue syndrome.
  • They do not hurt at all but, do look like bruising.
  • What would this be and how to treat?

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

There are two probabilities of your condition, one is allergic contact dermatitis and the other is pompholyx which is also known as dyshidrotic eczema.

Since you have not mentioned your age, complaint, onset and progression of these bumps in details, I am unable to comment anything with a solid base.

Meanwhile use Clobetasol cream twice daily for 20 days (strictly 20 days) and review after that.

Revert back to a dermatologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am a 30 year old female.

• I am healthy but, have had those tiny itchy bumps that definitely look like dyshidrotic eczema (from looking at pictures online).
  • I had them flare up over 5 months ago and exactly where the bumps used to be, I now have these darker spots.
  • The spots have become darker in the past one month.
  • Will this cream remove the discoloration or will it disappear on its own or will I always have the hyperpigmentation?

#

Thank you for sending a detailed description.

• Dyshidrotic eczema has a very unknown course and etiology, but be assured that this is not a permanent hyperpigmentation.
  • Since you have repeated episodes of it, this is presenting like a hyperpigmentation.
  • Now, do not use that cream. This is post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and will slowly subside with time.

For further queries, consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body. What can they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 72 years male, who weighs 66 kg and I am 166 cm tall. I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body which responses temporarily to oral steroids. RAST test showed I am allergic to dogs and cats. My dermatologist diagnosed it as type 3 hypersensitivity (IgG mediated), and I am no...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It seems you have developed either allergic contact dermatitis or tinea corporis. Please sent pictures of the lesions, for a better understanding. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-o...  Read Full

How can I treat the itchy bumps present on my hand?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bumps on my hand. It keeps spreading. I have itching, and I do not know what to do. I need some help. I am sending my pictures. Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Siva Subramanian
Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and the pictures of your hands (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your rash is eczema, more specifically pompholyx (dyshidrotic eczema). You have to find the cause of the disease and avoid it. The most common reason is the us...  Read Full