Q. I am getting white hair, and it's been increasing gradually. Is this the effect of water?

Dr. Meha Malhotra

I am getting white hair from last 3 years, and the number has increased in the last 3 months. Is this the effect of water. Kindly suggest the medicine for this problem.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Water has no effect on graying of hair though hard water can cause dryness of hair.

If your parents also had premature graying of hair then yours is hereditary (genetically inherited).

You can start tablet PABA 100mg once a day for 2 months.

This will prevent further greying of hair. Take care.

Revert back to a dermatologist online after 2 months --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|