Q. Please suggest something to grow my hair.

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Hair loss. I want to increase my hair. In some areas, hair is not coming. Please suggest something.

#

How are you? I hope your health condition is good. I have read your problem and have seen attached picture carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you mentioned that you have tried 2 % Minoxidil. Now you want to know how to improve or grow more hair in some area (shown in picture).

There are some options: PRP therapy, oral Finasteride, increase the strength. Your hair fall pattern seems to be like Androgenic pattern or male baldness. The strength of tropical Minoxidil should be increased. Besides this, you can take oral Finasteride. But there is some side effect such as deterioration of sexual function but this problem is reversible, that means when you stop the drug, the problem will be reversed. You can use tropical PRP therapy which is safe and no adverse event occurs. But the result may not be up to your satisfaction. The other and final option is a hair transplant. This option is expensive but the result is quite good. I hope the above-mentioned information may help you to solve your problem.

| 

How to prevent hair loss due to scalp psoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from scalp psoriasis. I have yellow flakes appearing predominantly on the frontal and middle portion of the scalp. After shampooing, it is accompanied by hair loss. What can I do to prevent flaking and to reduce my hair fall? I am using Ketocare shampoo with Topisol 6 % lo...  Read Full »

Can bleaching be really harmful to my hair?

Query: Hello doctor, I bleached my roots twice in the summer, and there was a ton of overlap, resulting in a lot of breakages. I thought the breakage subsided so I had extensions put in. I just recently had them taken out and realized that my hair has become super thin and I have lost a lot of them and my...  Read Full »

Alopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy

Article Overview: Hair fall problems are at a rise, and even young adults are complaining about it. This article provides homeopathic treatment options for hair fall. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Nowadays, hair fall problem is gradually increasing. Many young adults have been complaining about hair loss issues. Some of them complain about genetic or hereditary kind of hair loss, while some of them complain hair fall after the use of certain medications or due to some external factors like ch...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»