Q. I have oily dandruff and dry hairs with hair fall. How can I be treated?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have oily dandruff and dry hairs and hair fall. So what should I do if I wash hairs every day so they will become more dry and thin too?

#

Many people with dandruff have oily skin and the latest research shows that the real culprit is probably a tiny fungus called Malassezia globosa that needs oil to grow. It only becomes a problem when the fungus grows too rapidly, and our natural renewal of cells is disturbed.

It causes skin cells to renew too fast and dandruff will start to show because the skin cells bond with the oil on the surface of your scalp.

This process results in the formation of white flakes.

Regular shampooing can even irritate your skin that may aggravate flakes formation.

Do not wash your hair more than two times a week or every alternate day. Use organic shampoos without skin irritants.

While washing your hair use lukewarm water. Do not use nails just massage it gently with fingers. Then wash with cold water.

You may use antifungal Nizoral shampoo to control dandruff. You may use it once a week for six to eight weeks.

If symptoms still persist, you need to consult your dermatologist. He will guide you in the right way.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|