Q. Why is my head shedding excess hair these days?

Dr. Stuti Khare Shukla

I have been shedding excess hair in the past few weeks. It was just a few in the beginning but now when I comb my hand through my head, 10 to 15 strands of hair come out in my hand. I do not know what is causing this. I have tried to find the reason online but there are lots of theories on the Internet. This has been there a few weeks. Earlier, hair used to fall normally like 20 or 25 per day but that was normal. But now all of a sudden the density of my hair has reduced drastically.

I cannot touch my hair anymore because if I do, they will start falling out. I did have a severe cold fever one or two months back. It was a different kind of illness with severe head pain and food tasting bitter for at least 10 days. Also, I have not properly washed my hair in the past four months. During that time, I could feel many scabs on my scalp. I think this may have been related to that. Please help.

#

Kindly attach an image to know the severity of your problem.

It is usually normal to lose 80 to 100 hairs per day.

But yes, if you never had a hair fall and are suddenly witnessing it, it might be due to some underlying etiology.

As you mentioned about your recent illness, it might be pertaining to it.

Kindly attach an image to start the treatment accordingly because these days it is also common to see "androgenetic alopecia." But it occurs over a period of time.

Also, it usually involves the front part of the scalp.

So for now, you can be started on a good multivitamin capsule like Revilus (Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Iron, Zinc, Folic acid) or Keraglo Forte (Gamma Linolenic acid and multivitamins).

If required, you can add saw palmetto, Minoxidil, and Finasteride. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|