Q. Does shampooing daily and dandruff cause hair fall?

Dr. Rabia

I have had a dandruff problem for very long. So, I started shampooing my hair every day. Even then skipping even a single day of shampooing leaves my hair full of dirt and makes it completely oily. And an itchy scalp is always there no matter what I do. I have started losing a lot of hair recently and I think it is because of all the above problems I mentioned above. What would you suggest me to do?

#

As you have told, you have a dandruff problem and oily scalp that is seborrheic dermatitis which can be mild or can be severe. And yes hair can fall due to dandruff problem. I will suggest a few things for this. For proper hair growth ensure proper diet with Vitamins and Minerals. For dandruff problem, use Zinc Pyrithione based shampoos. Take Biotin supplements that are very important for hair growth.

Apply Zinc Pyrithione shampoo or Selsun blue shampoo three times per week. Take Biotin tablet supplements.

Apply shampoo for 5 minutes and then wash it.

|