Q. I would like to know and understand the hair transplant procedures.

Dr. Vivek Chail

I am considering hair transplant. I would like to know and understand the procedure. Please advise.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are my observations,

• The hair transplant surgeon removes small groups of hair follicle containing skin from areas where there is normal hair growth.
  • These small plugs are then implanted in to the bald areas of the head where hair growth is desired.
  • This is done over a few sessions. Medicines will also be given after transplantation to prevent infection.
  •  Hair growth solutions might also be given before and after the procedure.

Some people may experience further hair loss and after a few months the hair regrows

For further questions consult a hair transplant surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hair-transplant-surgeon

Thank you doctor.

After going through your answer, I am now aware about the general process. I would like to know the different treatment options available.

I would like to explore Biofibre Hair Implant option in detail as I have almost 60% baldness and donor area may not be enough to cover.

Please let me know the risks in using Biofibre Implants technique. What treatment option would you suggest based on your experience with similar patients?

#

Thanks for writing back with an update.

• Biofibre is the name of a patented product from Italy which is a natural based hair implant. It is not a transplant. Hair transplantation means moving hair from a hair rich section of scalp to a bald area. Hair implantation is implanting artificial hair in the bald area. Therefore the concept of Biofibre is implantation and is completely different from transplantation procedure which you had inquired in your first query.
  • Being an implantation procedure, it involves covering areas without hair with artificially created hair fibers and done under local anesthesia. This is like a wig that is attached to your scalp and does not require removal. The hair cannot be cut or shaved after Biofibre procedure. During the procedure any scalp condition should be treated and infections prevented after the procedure, as it can cause rejection and bad results.
  • Having Biofibre is a solution for 5 years only and might require new fibres to be added regularly. Usually 20 percent of Biofibres implanted might fall out every year and this is an accepted rate. Therefore regular sessions are required to maintain hair distribution and after 5 years you might have to get another complete procedure done.
  • Since this is a recent technique and more of an artificial method of implantation, trying conventional hair transplant under guidance of an experienced doctor is better than going for a Biofibre method. Hair transplantation is a more natural method and allows growth of normal hair.
  • However, if you want to have quick results and are aware that is only an implantation and a procedure which will have to be repeated at least once in 5 years then you can go for it.

Please note that care after the procedure is required in both methods.

For further questions consult a hair transplant surgeon online ---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hair-transplant-surgeon

| 

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask a Hair Transplant Surgeon Now