Q. Will Minoxidil with Eclipta Alba help in hair regrowth?

Dr. Rashmi Singh

I am suffering from alopecia. Can I use Tugain Foam 10 % Minoxidil hair gain treatment as well as Morpheme Bhringraja (Eclipta Alba) for hair and skin care 500 mg extract 60 Veg capsules together for the better result?

#

I read your question but unable to understand what kind of alopecia are you having and how severe it is. If it is in the beginning stage, Minoxidil can reduce your hair fall. Use 5 % Minoxidil instead of 10, as 10 can be very irritating to the scalp. Eclipta alba has reported hair growth properties but research is more in favor of locally applied ether or ethanol-based extract rather than oral medication. But yes, there are reported benefits in grown factors seen with Eclipta alba, so you can continue taking that. Take supplements containing biotin like Follihair for augmenting the growth. If your hair growth is still not satisfactory, please discuss with your dermatologist about starting you on low dose Finasteride. (1 mg alternate days). Review with us after one month.

|