Hand Hygiene

Can I get COVID-19 by scratching my nose with dirty hands?

Query: Hi doctor, Can I have a risk of getting a COVID-19 infection due to touching my nose with dirty hands? Before doing it, I was wearing a mitten. I always use disposable gloves when I go out. Rarely, I use mittens on dirty hands. I did not use mittens for a week. Will the virus could stay on the mitt...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You do not have the chance of getting a COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) infection until your mittens are contaminated. It depends upon your contact with COVID-19 patients. If you are wearing gloves or mitten in a roo...  Read Full »

How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I improve my immunity for pneumonia since I already had it five times? Once when I was a kid, thrice in high school and currently at college. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pneumonia is a lung infection. It is a serious problem if you do not care about it in timely. You get pneumonia due to infection with bacteria, virus or fungus or if your immunity goes down. You said you had pneumonia five times in your lifetime. As you h...  Read Full »

How to differentiate typhoid and jaundice from other fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from jaundice and typhoid. I have vomiting, high fever, rashes, drowsiness, and stomach pain. Whenever I consult the doctor, he gives me medicines. I do not understand, and I am confused whether he gives tablets for jaundice and typhoid or whether he provides tablets for cough, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, jaundice is a symptom, and typhoid fever is a diagnosis. Jaundice is a state in the human body in which there is an increase in bilirubin (produced in the liver) level causing yellowish discoloration of sclera and skin. I am not sure whether you have typho...  Read Full »