Q. Kindly view the X-ray and give us a second opinion.

Dr. Vivek Chail

My partner had a small accident while on holidays. She slipped and fell on a wooden floor and landed on her outstretched right hand. (dominant hand). Her wrist got injured, received immediate medical attention with a splint attached, and an X-ray image was taken about 14 hours after the accident. She received a cast after the diagnosis of a fracture of the tip of the ulna.

We would like to have a second opinion based on the attached images, especially whether other damage can be identified on the radius or other wrist bones, and whether more invasive treatment is necessary. Swelling and pain have experience on both sides of the wrist (radius and ulna), but the movement of fingers, including the thumb, did not incur further pain. The swinging of the hand sideways or up and down was also possible and without increased pain. No numbness or circulation issues have been identified.

#

There is a fracture involving the lower end of the radius and in the styloid process of ulna bone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is not much displacement in the fracture areas. It is essential that you meet a consultant orthopedician and review the injured areas. In such cases, usually a splint and cast are provided, and once the inflammation comes down in four to five days, then a definitive treatment on the fracture might be thought of.

|