Q. Kindly view the X-ray and give us a second opinion.

Dr. Vivek Chail

My partner had a small accident while on holidays. She slipped and fell on a wooden floor and landed on her outstretched right hand. (dominant hand). Her wrist got injured, received immediate medical attention with a splint attached, and an X-ray image was taken about 14 hours after the accident. She received a cast after the diagnosis of a fracture of the tip of the ulna.

We would like to have a second opinion based on the attached images, especially whether other damage can be identified on the radius or other wrist bones, and whether more invasive treatment is necessary. Swelling and pain have experience on both sides of the wrist (radius and ulna), but the movement of fingers, including the thumb, did not incur further pain. The swinging of the hand sideways or up and down was also possible and without increased pain. No numbness or circulation issues have been identified.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

There is a fracture involving the lower end of the radius and in the styloid process of ulna bone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is not much displacement in the fracture areas. It is essential that you meet a consultant orthopedician and review the injured areas. In such cases, usually a splint and cast are provided, and once the inflammation comes down in four to five days, then a definitive treatment on the fracture might be thought of.

| 

Accidentally, had a hit in my fractured arm. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a plate in my right ulna from a previous injury. I have had one plate snap on me and had to have it replaced last month. It was a hard heal. As there was a 3 mm gap between both sides of the ulna, they decided to put synthetic bone graft around it. Tonight, I accidentally had a hit...  Read Full »

What causes wrist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years ago, my right hand was accidentally ran over. X-ray showed no broken bones, but throughout the year I had extreme pain on the right hand side of my wrist next to the bone. I never know when the pain on the right hand side of my wrist is going to happen or how long the intense ...  Read Full »

Shall I go with compression wrap for wrist sprain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a mild sprain while using a punching bag. But, it does not hurt at all in my two days off work. Now I am back to work, on day three since my injury, and it hurts really bad. I am locked in for the next several hours and I can tough it out. Obviously I am going to be doing some h...  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now