Q. Troponin-T, MR and TR levels are high after first heart attack. Please help.

Published on May 05, 2018

Actually, my father has just had the first attack of heart and his troponin-T test value is 1.76 ng/ml. Also, his echo test reports are showing the TR and MR results in higher. He is planning to have angiography but I do not think that he should stop there. So please guide him. I need your help. I am searching for treatment.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

So basically after a heart attack, best possible treatment is angiography followed by angioplasty or bypass surgery. So he should have angiography done and further management will depend on angiography report. Till the time, he should continue medicines which will prevent development of further attack.

If possible, please upload his detailed echo report so as to interpret it better. Usually, mild to moderate MR (mitral regurgitation) and TR (tricuspid regurgitation) needs just medicine, may resolve with time.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Heart Attack Explained

Article Overview: This article describes heart attack in simple language, which can be easily understood by common people. Read Article

Our heart works as a pump. As water pump pulls water from back pipes and pushes it to forward pipes, so is the function of our living pump. It receives blood from the body and pumps it forward to the body. Blood contains oxygen and nutrients that our body metabolizes to generate energy, which is re...  Read Article

My heart is beating fast. Is it due to anxiety or any underlying problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have noticed that sometimes I wake up with my heart beating too fast and can feel my heart. This first happened when I woke up and took a look at my little child and thought my child was not breathing. That time my heart rate increased strongly. After this, sometimes ...  Read Full »

Can you explain my maid's heart condition in simple terms?

Query: Hi doctor, My maid has a heart problem since her birth. She complains of pain in heart, a sudden increase in heartbeat, feels hot and leg pain. Now, she feels very weak. Her echo was done recently and I have attached that here.  Read Full »