Q. Is it dangerous to have sexual intercourse with a heart problem?

Dr. Shazia Anjum

I and my partner have two children. I am 33 years old and she is 32 years. Over the past four or five years, our sex life has almost completely fallen apart. I have several heart issues, right bundle branch block, bicuspid aortic valve, patent formen ovale and high blood pressure. Right now it does not seem they are major issues but just monitoring them. The other night we had sex and I got heart palpitations severe in my throat which was odd but I do not know why. However, her sex drive is very low now and she says she is always tired. She considered hypnosis to change her sex drive but I do not know if that works. Our biggest issue is our 10-year-old daughter, even if we get her to bed at 8 PM she will not go to sleep until midnight and we are too tired then to have sex. Any suggestions?

#

I got your concern. The main issue in both of you is fear, you being a heart patient keeps on having fear which you actually do not have consciously but subconsciously this fear is there. And if these kinds of things when the partner comes to know or if she used to be worried about your health, this fear of doing any thing with you let her desire decrease. And both of you started having mild depression also which is causing both of you tired. But I assure you that with this activity you will not be having any problem. Both of you need to do some regular relaxation exercises and some meditation. And both of you are not old enough that your tiredness cause problem in your personal life. Take some break from your work and spend some time together with free minded without any hurry or work stress and try to feel cheerful and confident that we are young and well even when you do not feel so. I promise that these few steps will add freshness and happiness in your life and if there will be no improvement then I would like to start you on some mild antidepressants. But until that time you please follow these steps.

|