Q. What could be the cause for heaviness in the head?

Answered by Dr. Aida Quka and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Heaviness Of Head or Numbness? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My husband has been having head heaviness for a month now and I do not know what is causing this. He has had a cervical scan done and other tests were done and he was told there is nothing wrong. It been two months now since this started and is a sudden onset. Prior to this, he used to work out a lot at the gym but not now as he is having numbness and tingling sensation radiation from the lower back down his right leg with severe pains in the morning. There is a moderate pain with movement.

He is currently having back pain issues before this head heaviness started. He has had a CT scan done and the report is as follows:

• L1-L2 normal findings.
  • L2-L3 disc bulge with thecal indentation and irrelevant effect.
  • L3-L4 disc protrusion with caudal migration causing moderate canal stenosis and compression of the L4 nerve root at the lateral recess. Calcification of the disc noted posteriorly.
  • L4-L5 disc bulge with thecal indentation and contact to the L5 nerve roots at the lateral recess.

Impression: Essentially L3-L4 disc protrusion migration causing moderate canal stenosis and compression of the L4 nerve root at the lateral recess. I want to know what is actually happening. Some advice and recommendation and treatment options available in this situation.

• Also, how can we treat the heaviness in the head as is causing difficulty in sleeping?
  • Are there any medications?
  • Also, does the head heaviness got anything to do with this situation?