Heaviness Of Head

Can you suggest medicine for heavy head and runny nose?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a heavy head and a runny nose. The day before yesterday I got cold and had buttermilk as well. So, cold happened yesterday and there was cough (not yellow only white and thin like spit) as well but I took medicine from a chemist. He gave me Cinarest, Mox 500, both two tablets. I ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For URTI (upper respiratory tract infection), I advise taking an antibiotic like Azithromycin only in case you have a persisting fever. Otherwise, in most cases, URTI is due to viral infection and it gets better within five days. You should take an antiallergic like Lev...  Read Full »

What should I do for heaviness in head with dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have heaviness in my head for the past few days. When I go into shops, I feel very uneasy, like I shall fall down. I also feel dizziness, feeling not well overall. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden onset of dizziness associated with vertigo can be due to stroke. However, it can simply be due to peripheral causes like vestibulitis and ENT infection. I need to know if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension. Tell me if you have diplopia, vertigo, v...  Read Full »

Why does my mother feel one side of her head to be heavier and has other symptoms?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am asking for my mother, aged 60 and from sometime now (around three months) is experiencing following symptoms (Please note that these were present before lock down started and are Not related/developed in/due to lock down): - Feels as if her brain/head is going on...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello the initial symptoms u have mentioned are relatively non specific except that she was stunned for few seconds and uttered min specific words... that is actually a symptom which may suggest transient episode of seizures or TIA (transient ischemic attack)/ reversible stroke like effect in Simon...  Read Full »

Is my head injury critical?

Query: Hi doctor, My head got injured after some part of a concrete ceiling collapse. CT Scan done and I have attached the reports. I was hospitalized three days. An ENT opinion was taken and also, an audiometry was done. It showed a minor injury in the right ear and less audibility. Now, I have some pa...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from brain contusions (microhemorrhages) as well as scalp injuries (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is the cause of the pain and heaviness. You have to take antibiotics, anti-epileptics and painkillers. I suggest the following drug...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for heaviness in head while bending and lifting up?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having heaviness in my head since yesterday afternoon, especially when I bend and lift my head up. Also, I am experiencing the same heaviness while coughing too. I took Paracetamol 500 mg once yesterday evening and today afternoon, but I did not find any change in pain. Also,...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to confirm a few more, before arriving to a probable diagnosis. Site of pain, front, back, whole, or half side of your head or vague? Episodic or stays the entire day? Any facial pain? Apply pressure on the face, on either side of your nose, on your temp...  Read Full »

Do Mucoram pill and Rhinocort spray interact with each other?

Query: Hi doctor, I took a Mucoram pill along with Rhinocort spray. Then, I had hyperventilating difficulty. I could not swallow and I cannot balance myself and felt more tired and weak. I feel that my brain became numb for a month. After a month, I am good now. But, still I feel some pressure and continuo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question and I understand your concern. Mucoram (Ambroxol Hydrochloride) is a mucolytic and Rhinocort is a corticosteroid Budesonide. Together their use with no prior history of some chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like asthma makes it likely eith...  Read Full »

The back of my head feels heavy. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I always feel that my head is heavy, most of the times in a day it feels uncomfortable as if my brain lacks oxygen. I did a master health checkup recently, and all reports were normal. I am on BP medication only. I feel fine some days, but when I start feeling the heaviness, things becom...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your problem. Since when you started to have these headaches? Do you have vomiting, diarrhea, redness in the eye, watering from the eye, nasal congestion, or fever? Which part of your head do you feel these headaches? Behin...  Read Full »

Why does my head feel too heavy for my neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female and yet to conceive. Since 9 months I have been facing heaviness of head and stiffness of neck. Sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme and I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied with bowel movements. I feel tha...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query on this platform. Relax! You are not suffering from any life-threatening disease. Neither are you suffering from any gastrointestinal problems except occasionally which is normal and could be due to mild gastritis. Cervical arthritis cannot cau...  Read Full »

What do I feel heaviness in the head?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has been having head heaviness for a month now and I do not know what is causing this. He has had a cervical scan done and other tests were done and he was told there is nothing wrong. It been two months now since this started and is a sudden onset. Prior to this, he used ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your husband's lumbar spine CT (computed tomography)scan is indicative of a disk herniation, which is responsible for the pain in lower back and tingling sensations radiating in the right leg. It is not related to headaches. Considering these CT findings, I would r...  Read Full »

From the MRI report, please suggest whether we need to consult psychiatrist or neurologist for treatment of heavy head?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is currently taking treatment from a psychiatrist for depression. Her major symptoms are heaviness in the head, lower back pain, mood swings, feeling sad, and negative thoughts. Recently MRI and CT scan were done. CT scan was fine. MRI indicates multiple small T2/FLAIR hype...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that your mother's symptoms seem to be related to depression with psychotic signs. The lesions in MRI are suggestive of small vessel disease. I would recommend taking daily baby Aspirin 80 mg to help the progression of thes...  Read Full »