Q. Will I gain height more than my parents?

Dr. Sreerag B Prasad
Published on Feb 02, 2019

I am a boy and my height is 5.1 feet, my father's height is 5.0 feet and mother's height is under 5 feet. So, can I grow 5.6 feet? Because my head is bigger than my body so I look awkward. Kindly help me, please.

Dr. Sreerag B Prasad

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Being a teenager, your body is actively growing in length and you will probably grow more until your bone's growth plates fuse. Taking both your mother's and father's height as 5 feet, the expected height is roughly 5'4'' with a little room for changes either way. Vitamin and Mineral supplements could supplement your growth and you may consider that.

Will protein powder enhance children's height?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a son and a daughter. My height is 5.7 and wife is 5.1. I am extremely worried about my children height as we are short. My daughter is now 3 years 10 months old and have 14.5 kg weight and 38 inches tall. She had seizure thrice and taking some sodium liquid medicine for the past th...  Read Full »

I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. I was on Rogaine 5 %, Finax 1 mg, but losing lots of hair from the vertex.  Read Full »

Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have attached images of the latest x-ray imaging (attachment removed to protect user identity). I have taken this x-ray to determine my bone age, reason is that I had planned on using growth hormone therapy to help me grow taller. I was told that these bone age imaging of the wrist is...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now