Growth Cycle

Kindly look at the x-ray and tell whether there is a possibility of growth?

Query: Hello doctor, My son was told that his growth plates are mostly closed. I would like someone else to view his X-ray. He is pretty much done growing standing five feet tall and four inches and 1/4. I find it so hard to believe and he is devastated. I want to to know if there is a possibility for two...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and your report attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), nowhere it has been mentioned that his growth plates are fused indicating a possibility of further growth normally. Secondly, he is not short-statured according to this...  Read Full »

Can the adult palate narrow due to age or hormonal factors?

Query: Hi doctor, Can the adult palate narrow or change shape due to age or stress or hormonal factors?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, definitely. Age changes occur in all our body, including our bone shape and density changes. The bone depth and density decrease with age in our jaws, causing gaps in our teeth, exposing more of our root part of teeth sometimes and it includes narrowing of the pala...  Read Full »

Can a teenage boy grow taller than his parents?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a boy and my height is 5.1 feet, my father's height is 5.0 feet and mother's height is under 5 feet. So, can I grow 5.6 feet? Because my head is bigger than my body so I look awkward. Kindly help me, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreerag B Prasad

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Being a teenager, your body is actively growing in length and you will probably grow more until your bone's growth plates fuse. Taking both your mother's and father's height as 5 feet, the expected height is roughly 5'4'' with a little room for changes either way. Vi...  Read Full »

I am a teenage girl. Will my height increase further?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a girl. My height is 5, but my parents are much taller. My mom's height is 5'6" and father's 5'8". Will I grow or is it my final height? When I went to a doctor in my city he said that I stopped growing. Is it true? I have already had a period for a year and a half?  Read Full »

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern very carefully. You are worried about your height. It is an important issue of everyone’s life. Usually, growth occurs up to 18 years. After that growth ceases. Growth depends on various factors like familial, nutritional, pathological. The high...  Read Full »

Please explain the growth cycle of a female child.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is nine years old. She had body odor in the armpit. I was alarmed because it smelled like an adult body odor. She had sweating. A few days ago, she told about her nipple that one nipple looks normal and the other one looks hard. I want to know whether she has reached the pube...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to have these findings now because a few kids have it. Normal growth cycle follows these ways. The first one is thelarche. In this, there is a development of the breast. The second one is pubarche. In this, there is a development of pubic hair. Then the nex...  Read Full »