Q. My height is 168 cm. Will Oxandrolone help in increasing my height?

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed
This is a premium question & answer published on May 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

I am a 16-year-old guy. My height is 168 cm. My weight is 65kg. My father's height is 178 cm and my mother's height is 164 cm. I wanted to ask to can I consume Oxandrolone? Is it safe for me? Also, how can I increase my height in this stage?

#

Your height is almost the average of your parents. At 15-17 years in males growth plates close and then there is no increase in height possible after that. You are almost in that age. Do you have any other symptoms of impaired secondary sexual characteristics? You can have bone age checked if you want to confirm it.

Oxandarolone is an anabolic steroid. It increases weight an not height. You should not use Oxandrolone if you have prostate cancer, advanced kidney disease, high levels of calcium in your blood, breast cancer, or if you are pregnant. Some people using Oxandrolone have developed life-threatening side effects on the liver, spleen, and blood vessels. These conditions can occur without warning or symptoms and can lead to liver failure, internal bleeding, cancer, stroke, heart attack, or death. I do not think it will have more benefits than risks it poses.

|