Q. Is there any supplement that my brother can take to grow taller?

Answered by
Dr. Vandana Andrews
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 20, 2021

Hello doctor,

My brother is a 15 year old boy. I am 157 cm, which I think is short for a 15 year old. Is there any supplement or vitamin that he can take to grow taller?



Welcome to

I understand your concern.

  • Height is quite a concern for teens. We have to figure out that the height we have is predominately a genetic factor. So, traits like height, hair, eyes and facial expression we get it from our ancestor.
  • If your parents are tall, then there are real chances of you having a height similar to them. There are other things like lifestyle and games that can contribute a little percentage of good height.
  • Men tend to grow tall until the age of 20 years. Till your brother attain the age of 20, any vitamins or supplements is not advised. It can have a serious side effect on one.
  • Meanwhile, the things that can help your brother grow tall are good diet and active lifestyle. What I meant by good diet is having at least two glass of milk daily. Milk is a rich source of calcium and as a growing kid, you need calcium for development of bones. Include, a natural source of proteins like fish, egg whites and nuts like almonds and walnuts in your diet.
  • Stay active, limit your television time by playing outdoor games like basketball or simply playing in the park, running and staying active. All these simple things will help your brother become taller with age.
  • Last but not the least, sleep 8 to 9 hours (10 PM to 7 AM) as at night the growth hormones are secreted in the body that help in overall growth.

For further information consult an endocrinologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What is the reason for abnormal weight gain in a 10-year-old kid?

.. all your concerns. I have checked the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The values point to the state of hypothyroidism. Please revise with me if he has any symptoms like cold intolerance, constipation, low heartbe...   Read full

How to increase my height?I am 23 years old.

How to increase my height ... Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty ...   Read full

Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?

Hi doctor,I am 28 years old. I have a habit of watching porn. To me, I see it as real. I feel low and regret for my activity.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Endocrinologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.