Q. What are the red spots below my chest that are symptomless for more than ten years?

Dr. N Ashok Viswanath

I have red spot below my chest for more than ten years. The spots are about 1 inch in diameter. I consulted a doctor earlier, and he said it was normal, but now I wanted to have a baby. And I am scared that it will affect my baby.

Kindly help.

#

I acknowledge your query and the picture attached with this query (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). The spots look like hemangioma, which is a benign condition. No need to worry and get scared as it will not have any harmful effect on your pregnancy.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

Do I need a surgery to remove them?

Thanks.

#

As it is a benign lesion there is no need for surgical removal as for now. As long as you do not have any cosmetic problem with it, there is no need for any surgical excision. You can think of surgical excision if you feel any discomfort or if there is a rapid increase in size.

Take care.

|