Q. What are the causes for severe abdominal pain with weight loss?

Dr. Jagdish Singh

There had been a pain in the lower abdomen. It usually starts from the back and becomes severe in the lower abdomen. The doctor prescribed antibiotics but the pain still persists. Lost a lot of weight and feeling weak with pain. Colonoscopy report interpreted.

Dr. Jagdish Singh

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I read your post and colonoscopy with biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Two issues I find are diverticulitis and colonic polyp. Treatment for recurrent diverticulitis is surgical excision. Treatment for tubulovillous adenoma with high grade dysplasia is complete endoscopic excision followed by endoscopic surveillance.

|