Q. What are the causes for severe abdominal pain with weight loss?

Dr. Jagdish Singh
Published on Aug 01, 2019

There had been a pain in the lower abdomen. It usually starts from the back and becomes severe in the lower abdomen. The doctor prescribed antibiotics but the pain still persists. Lost a lot of weight and feeling weak with pain. Colonoscopy report interpreted.

Dr. Jagdish Singh

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I read your post and colonoscopy with biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Two issues I find are diverticulitis and colonic polyp. Treatment for recurrent diverticulitis is surgical excision. Treatment for tubulovillous adenoma with high grade dysplasia is complete endoscopic excision followed by endoscopic surveillance.

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Can IBS cause lower abdomen pain and alarming weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. My problem is whenever I press my lower abdomen especially right lower part I feel some watery sound. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my lower abdomen. Also, my weight is decreasing at an alarming rate. Last year it was 68 kg and now it is only 52 kg. I ha...  Read Full »