Q. Area above my belly button is sore after liposuction and muscle repair. Kindly help.

I am six days post operative from a full tummy tuck with liposuction and muscle repair. I feel that I am recovering normally from what I was told and what I read. However, the area immediately above my belly button is extremely sore and appears to almost be bulging and is slightly elevated when touched. I did have my follow up and questioned this area and he cited the muscle repair and the liposuction but I wanted to get a second opinion on this and see if anyone has had similar experiences that are normal.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I have gone through your post, it is expected because some amount of hematoma is expected at the site of muscle repair and should not be a reason for worry. You need to keep watch on fever in case there is a fever that has to be treated because that may be due to infection of the site.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Is there anything I can do at this point to help that area heal faster? Ice, compression or heat?

#

Yes, applying ice packs will decrease swelling as well as pain. If the swelling and tenderness increase in next 24 to 48 hours you will need an ultrasound soft tissue of the area to look for infection or significant hematoma.

|