Q. Is there any aberration seen in hemogram?

Answered by Dr. Smrita Singh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hemogram or Platelet Count? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My partner is 62 years old. She has diabetes. Her fasting sugar is 138 mg/dL, and PPBS is normal. Her TSH is usual at present. The HbA1c test is standard with 5.5 %. We did hemogram along with a sugar testing last week. It showed some aberration. The WBC was normal. Total WBC was marginally high. Her hemoglobin was 14.4 g/dL, and her hematocrit was normal.

But the red cell distribution width was marginally high. Her platelet count was 164,000 platelets per microliter of blood. Her platelet distribution width, mean platelet volume, and platelet to large cell ratio were higher than normal. Her lipid profile was normal. She does not have any obvious abnormal symptoms. She takes Vysov-M 50 by 500 mg for diabetes and Thyrox 50 for thyroid.