Q. I have painless external hemorrhoids for the last four weeks. Kindly help me.

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have external hemorrhoids for the last three to four weeks. I have consulted the doctor he told me it would go away by own since I was not having any pain, bleeding, or any discomfort. Only one lump is there. Before, the lump was big, but now it is small, but still, it did not go away fully. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Hemorrhoids are caused by long-standing constipation, so we have to treat that. Constipation is due to a low fiber diet, so I suggest you take a high fiber diet such as banana, orange, papaya, green vegetables, etc. And I would suggest you take syrup Cremaffin (Magnesium Hydroxide) whenever you have difficulties passing stool. Avoid spicy food. And also, you can take a slit tub bath (sit in a lukewarm water tub for 30 minutes daily). It will help. Do you have difficulties in passing stool? Since when you have hemorrhoids?

Kindly answer the questions so that I can guide you accordingly.

This is the first time I got this. Before having a hemorrhoid, I had diarrhea for about two to three days, and suddenly I got hemorrhoid. For lump, what should I do? Will it go away? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Then no need to worry. Let me know after five days. Also, I suggest you take tablet Paracetamol 500 mg once a day after meal. If it does not subside, then we will go for further treatment accordingly. I hope this was helpful.

|