Q. What are the treatment options for Internal Hemorrhoids?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Published on Nov 29, 2017

I could feel a lump near my anus from around 5th of December. About 3-4 days back it burst and I could see blood coming out while cleaning after passing stools.

Now the bleeding has reduced, but I can still see blood oozing while I wipe the area with a tissue.

I was diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids about 2 years back (had one instance of bleeding).

But the doctor said I did not need any treatment then.

Can you please see the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and suggest the required treatment?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

In this type of hemorrhoids (internal hemorrhoids), we first give medical treatment and if the condition does not improve, then we can consider for endoscopy and surgical treatment.

Advice:

• Take high fibre diet in the form of plenty of salads, fruits and vegetables.
  • Take Lactulose 20mL two times a day.
  • Take Isabgol 3 spoons two times a day in 200mL water or milk.
  • Take plenty of water, a minimum 3-4 litres a day.
  • Avoid fatty meal, alcohol and smoking (in case you smoke or drink).
  • Apply Lignocaine gel locally in the perianal area (area around the anal opening) before defecation and push the gel slightly inside also.
  • Do not force while defecation, because this leads to prolapse of the hemorrhoids outside and worsening of the disease.
  • Do anal contraction exercise, as this can heal small hemorrhoids and decrease the size of large ones.

Provide details about any other illnesses (if you have) because, we need to identify the causes of this problem.

The lab tests that have to be done are CBC (Complete Blood Count) and LFT (Liver Function Test).

Revert back with the reports and a detailed history to a medical gastroenterologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

| 

I have applied more Lignocaine gel than advised on my kid. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old son has hard motions. He has just had his circumcision surgery. My friends advised me to apply Lignocaine Hydrochloride gel between his buttocks. By mistake, I applied more. I am very much worried. I hope it is not harmful. Please advice.  Read Full »

I have anal itching, pain and bleeding. I am embarrassed. Please help.

Query: Hi,I am approaching you since I am concerned about a situation regarding which I am very embarrassed.  I am a 43 year old female. I am normally healthy. I am 178cm tall and I weigh 75kg.  Around 9-12 months ago, I started to suffer from anal itching. It is rather intense at night, after passing s...  Read Full »

My wife could notice blood in her stools.Could you please advise us with proper guidance?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife (age 33 years) has been suffering from piles related issues since last 10 years. It occurred after her delivery (in 2003) and was harmless at that time. We are having an eleven year old daughter. Recently she started experiencing pain and itching while going to toilet. Also sh...  Read Full »