Anal Bleeding

How are bleeding piles treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a donor or a recipient? I suggest you apply Smuth cream (Lignocaine) for pain and take a sitz bath. Does it bleed? Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a nephrolo...  Read Full »

How to prevent the symptoms of piles from recurring?

Query: I m having prblm of piles (without any lump) only mild bleeding at the the time of defecation which is seen on the toilet paper only while wiping ...there is no bleeding seen in the stool...sometimes constipation is there ...but motions r not hard ...facing this prblm from last 6 months i mean it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Its look like you have frequent constipation. You have to avoid constpation to reduce hard stool. Hard stool is major cause of pile. Hard stoll regularly rub your anal internal structure Frequent injury by hard stool is making piles Investigate Stool RME H. Pylori USG of whole abdomen Proct...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for painful bleeding piles.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from bleeding piles with pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deep Dutta

Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to take a sitz bath twice daily. I suggest you apply Faktu ointment (Cinchocaine and Policresulen) twice daily for anal pain. Also, I suggest Naturolax powder (Psyllium) four tablespoons twice daily in a glass of water to keep your stool soft. Consult your docto...  Read Full »

My rectal bleeding due to ulcerative colitis responds only to Prednisolone. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. For the past five years I have ulcerative colitis. My main problem is bleeding form rectum. When I take Prednisolone, I am fine for maximum of three months and after that again it starts bleeding and also continues with Mesacol. I also took Azathioprine (Aazo...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have steroid-dependent ulcerative colitis. So you rightly started Azathioprine and I think it should work if you are taking a proper dose (you have not shared dose of Azoran and your body weight). You can take Azoran as 1.5-2.5 mg per k...  Read Full »

How to identify whether my rectal bleeding is due to hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing rectal bleeding for the past 10 days. At first, it was light but today I noticed that the bleeding seems more severe. It dripped a lot and covered the majority of the toilet paper. The stool itself was not red, just light brown and regular as always. I do not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Bansari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I do agree, you are likely having bleeding from hemorrhoids. My recommendation for you will be: 1. Avoid constipation, take Ispaghol husk 2 tablespoons in a glass of water. Keep it for a good four hours and take it. 2. Take tablet Daflon (Flavonoid) 500 mg 1-...  Read Full »

Is it enough to take iron pills for 3 months for anemia due to rectal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, My height is 5'7" and I weigh about 159 pounds. I am a male with anemia. I got a colonoscopy but they could not stop the bleeding, so I got a transfusion, and I also got another colonoscopy to make sure that the bleeding stopped. I have to get another colonoscopy between 3-6 months fr...  Read Full »

Dr. Kapil Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you had bleeding per rectum and you had gone for the colonoscopy. Can you share the report of colonoscopy so that I can know what was the cause of bleeding? It is perfectly safe for you to continue the iron medicines until the time you get an app...  Read Full »

I got bright red blood in rectum but there is no external hemorrhoids. Could it be anal fissure?

Query: Hello doctor, Bright red blood is coming from the rectum after using the bathroom. The rectum is also very itchy and no signs of external hemorrhoids. Rectum has been itchy for a while especially when wiping. Every now and again there is a light and spotty bright red blood. There was a little mor...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a fissure or internal hemorrhoids or IBD (inflammatory bowel disease). Just to differentiate one from the other if you could help us out by answering these questions: Does it hurt when you pass stools (BM)? Do you have constipation? How much was the blood? ...  Read Full »

Why there is recurrence in piles even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 50 years old and had piles for six years. It turned severe, with heavy bleeding and pain. We did surgery to cure it. Now two months completed still, she is having the piles problem with bleeding and pain whenever she uses her restroom and also has pain on urination. Please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For piles, the first and most important thing is to avoid constipation and spicy meal. Take a high fiber diet. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day. Take Isabgol (psyllium) powder three tablespoons with milk twice a day. Take Dobesil (Calcium Dobisi...  Read Full »

I noticed black streaks in the stool with mucus. What could the black streaks be?

Query: Hello doctor, About five months ago, my doctor said that I developed internal hemorrhoid (he used an anal scope), and my bleeding was from the end of my anal tract before the rectum. I have been bleeding during bowel movements occasionally. Now my bleeding seems to be very little to almost nothing....  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) This black streak is from previous old episodes of bleeding. This bleeding occurred at the end of the anal canal and got deposited as a clot, which was passed as a black-brown streak with stool. 2) The most common site of this bleeding is anal fissure, i.e., the ...  Read Full »

I got treated for piles recently but noted a few blood spots in my shorts. Is there a connection?

Query: Hello doctor,I noted a few blood spots in my shorts. No symptoms, though. Recently did a blood test and had high amylase. I had piles and got cured recently. I was under Ayurvedic medicine. Any connection? Is it something to worry? What precautions to be taken?  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in shorts in the background of piles, check for any recurrence of piles. Consult a general surgeon in person to rule out any recurrence of piles. Serum amylase elevation is not a specific finding, and it is elevated in many conditions like salivary gland abnorm...  Read Full »