Anal Bleeding

Why there is recurrence in piles even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 50 years old and had piles for six years. It turned severe, with heavy bleeding and pain. We did surgery to cure it. Now two months completed still, she is having the piles problem with bleeding and pain whenever she uses her restroom and also has pain on urination. Please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For piles, the first and most important thing is to avoid constipation and spicy meal. Take a high fiber diet. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day. Take Isabgol (psyllium) powder three tablespoons with milk twice a day. Take Dobesil (Calcium Dobisi...  Read Full »

I noticed black streaks in the stool with mucus. What could the black streaks be?

Query: Hello doctor, About five months ago, my doctor said that I developed internal hemorrhoid (he used an anal scope), and my bleeding was from the end of my anal tract before the rectum. I have been bleeding during bowel movements occasionally. Now my bleeding seems to be very little to almost nothing....  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) This black streak is from previous old episodes of bleeding. This bleeding occurred at the end of the anal canal and got deposited as a clot, which was passed as a black-brown streak with stool. 2) The most common site of this bleeding is anal fissure, i.e., the ...  Read Full »

I got treated for piles recently but noted a few blood spots in my shorts. Is there a connection?

Query: Hello doctor,I noted a few blood spots in my shorts. No symptoms, though. Recently did a blood test and had high amylase. I had piles and got cured recently. I was under Ayurvedic medicine. Any connection? Is it something to worry? What precautions to be taken?  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in shorts in the background of piles, check for any recurrence of piles. Consult a general surgeon in person to rule out any recurrence of piles. Serum amylase elevation is not a specific finding, and it is elevated in many conditions like salivary gland abnorm...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic treatment for anal blood discharge.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from anal blood discharge for the past four months. But I did not take it seriously as I had been traveling. Today I consulted a surgeon and after checking he advised to go for surgery as he discovered fistula. Can you recommend me the Ayurvedic procedure of cure...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you do not want to undergo a surgery, in Ayurveda, Kshar sutra procedure is performed for fistula in the anus. It is a procedure where a medicated thread is bound at your fistula site and after some days your treating physician will change ...  Read Full »

There is a painless bump near anus. Please suggest some medicine.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a painless peanut size bump near the outer side of my anus. I have attached snaps for your reference. It has been there since last 10 years. But, for the past one year I feel it is growing. Sometimes, it bleeds, but no pain at all. It is just like an extended mass and it feels ver...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have a fissure and bleeding was from the fissure site as seen in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bump you are showing is hemorrhoid near the fissure. You might have chronic constipation in the past due to which you require st...  Read Full »

Ulcerative colitis with bleeding in stool

Query: Hello doctor, I have ulcerative colitis for more than two months. I pass more than seven stools a day (loose stools). Constant bleeding before every stool from the rectum. Fever, rapid heartbeat, and anemia. And have a fungal infection, taking medicine too.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For ulcerative colitis, an anti-inflammatory drug like Sulfasalazine group of drugs can be started. (In a severe case, Steroid can be prescribed for a short duration). Immunosuppressive drugs prescribed if needed. Anti-diarrheal medication also can be prescribed to d...  Read Full »

Which ayurvedic medicine can increase iron level without affecting psychiatric medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, My Hb levels went down because of bleeding piles and I started Iron supplements but it makes my depressive symptoms worse as I am already on psychiatric medicine. Please suggest an ayurvedic medicine which does not interact with psychiatric medicine, for iron boost.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See if your hemoglobin level is around 10 then rather than taking any supplements, take diet which is helpful in improving hemoglobin level. If Hb is below 10, then you can take the following medicine: Capsule blossom (Unja) one capsule two ti...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms mean cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I had an anal fissure a few months back due to constipation and it got healed with medication. For a week, I have constipation due to the change in my diet and lack of water intake. Whenever I had a bowel movement, I would get some prickly sensation in the anal...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of constipation associated with pricking pain and itching in the anal area as well as blood in stools lead to a unified diagnosis of anal fissure. An anal fissure is a small tear or crack in the lining of the anus. It may occur when passing large or hard s...  Read Full »

What are the causes of bleeding after a bowel movement?

Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18 year old female, and I am not on any medications. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall, and I weigh 133 pounds. About 3 to 4 days ago after having a bowel movement, I noticed a little bit of bright red blood on the toilet paper, and my anus was bleeding a little bit for the next minute ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get your stool examined for the possibility of parasites which can cause such local irritation. Also, malabsorption of certain compounds in food can lead to local irritation after passing stools. Fresh bleeding is possible if the stools are hard, but ther...  Read Full »

Could bleeding ulcer be the reason for anal bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in the left side just below my breast all that way to the back. When I go to the bathroom, my stool has blood. It has been bleeding for two days, even without a bowel movement. The bleeding is in my anus. If I drink oregano team, then it will stop. But, will start bleeding aft...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern on this issue. The photograph which you uploaded indicates fresh blood in minute quantity (attachment removed to protect patient identity).Fresh blood from the anus on the surface of stool or without passing stool indicates a lesion in the...  Read Full »