Internal Hemorrhoids

I noticed black streaks in the stool with mucus. What could the black streaks be?

Query: Hello doctor, About five months ago, my doctor said that I developed internal hemorrhoid (he used an anal scope), and my bleeding was from the end of my anal tract before the rectum. I have been bleeding during bowel movements occasionally. Now my bleeding seems to be very little to almost nothing....  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) This black streak is from previous old episodes of bleeding. This bleeding occurred at the end of the anal canal and got deposited as a clot, which was passed as a black-brown streak with stool. 2) The most common site of this bleeding is anal fissure, i.e., the ...  Read Full »

What causes fleshy growth outside anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female with no past medical history. I experienced constipation for some days, and I saw blood in my stools. I found this small fleshy growth on the anus, which hurts after passing motion. The pain ceases after a few hours. This fleshy growth retracts inside when I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows old hemorrhoids called as skin tags. This picture, along with the pain that you are describing is suggestive of anal fissure. This is a tear in the wall of the anus, at the bas...  Read Full »

How to get rid of piles and constipation through ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old male. I am 5'8" tall and my weight is 69 kg. I am suffering from piles over three years but there is no bleeding. I constantly have some sensation in anus which troubles me while walking. I am noticing my right wrist and feet with swelling almost daily morning. My BP wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How is your bowel movement now? Do you have constipation? It is better for you to use western toilet. Avoid curds, non-vegeterian, green chilly, deep fried and spicy foods from your diet. Do sitz bath after passing stools every day to keep your genital and anal region cle...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have pain and tightness post hemorrhoidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I had hemorrhoidectomy before six weeks. I still feel some pain and tightness while sitting. Is this normal after six weeks? I think I have anal stenosis. Stool is difficult to pass even when soft. Always have to strain and never passes naturally. I know I have a hard scar tissue. I...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is not normal. Pain could be due to fissure and stenosis of the anal opening, but it needs a physical examination to confirm it. I would suggest drinking lots of water, have fiber diet and chew the bolus properly to avoid constipation. You can also try any stool...  Read Full »

What can cause blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing an embarrassing problem. Since last two weeks, I feel like going to the toilet more than once, while usually I do it only once in the morning. Also, I am a bit uncomfortable as all day it feels like I have not cleared my bowel activities for the day. Recently, about four days...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear that you are having these concerns. I am trying to explain some of the causes which might be responsible for bleeding while you have bowel movements, but without a physical examination it would be impossible to determine the real cause. Fresh red blood ...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for Internal Hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor, I could feel a lump near my anus from around 5th of December. About 3-4 days back it burst and I could see blood coming out while cleaning after passing stools.Now the bleeding has reduced, but I can still see blood oozing while I wipe the area with a tissue.I was diagnosed with i...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In this type of hemorrhoids (internal hemorrhoids), we first give medical treatment and if the condition does not improve, then we can consider for endoscopy and surgical treatment. Advice: Take high fibre diet in the form of plenty of salads, fruits and v...  Read Full »

Is the rise in PSA value related to hemorrhoid vein thrombosis?

Query: Hi doctor,My query is related to PSA values. Please look into the attachment. The person is currently suffering from a thrombosed hemorrhoid vein. The treatment which the doctor has proposed is Movicol a stool softener 1-0-0, Daflon 2-2-2-0 for the first four days and afterwards for three more days...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

My constipation is so bad that I have to evacuate the stools with my fingers. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an anal fissure, internal hemorrhoid, SRUS, and constipation. One year ago, I was suffering from a hard stool that was difficult to pass. I went to a gastroenterologist, who did a colonoscopy and found that I had an anal fissure and internal hemorrhoid. He prescribed Sitcom Fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files uploaded by you. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The endoscopy report you have shown does not show any evidence of SRUS (solitary rectal ulcer syndrome). All your symptoms can be attributed to underlying constipation. Har...  Read Full »

Can I undergo banding for bleeding internal piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 years old unmarried girl. I have bright red blood in the stool. I have consulted three doctors each of them did proctoscopy.  They said that I have one or two internal piles. I also have pain during and after defecation in the anal and buttock area. I have always been a chro...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleeding of piles may or may not present daily. It depends on a lot of factors like the grade of piles, underlying constipation, etc. Since you have grade two piles with recurrent bleeding, it is advisable to undergo surgery. Nowadays it is better to go for the stapler h...  Read Full »

I am suffering from piles and infection around the anus. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from piles from nearly about a year. Suddenly yesterday, I felt pain around my anus, and I had 101 F fever. I saw that there is an infection around my anus.  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. What do you mean to say by piles? Is it painless bright red blood in stools? How do you know it is an infection? Do you have constipation? For an advice specific to your problem, please upload the past medical records and a detailed evolution of your sympto...  Read Full »