Internal Hemorrhoids

Will proctitis increase the chance of colon cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I was just diagnosed with proctitis. Can this be cured? Or is it lifelong? What are the chances this progressed to ulcerative colitis? Does proctitis increase the risk of colon cancer? Do I have zero risk factors? What are the causes of proctitis, and why this could happen? Before ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well proctitis can be due to various other reason such as infection, constipation causing ulcers in the rectum (stecoral ulcer), solitary rectal ulcers syndrome (SRUS), and less commonly ulcerative procitis which is variant of ulcerative colitis limited to the rectum...  Read Full »

My constipation is so bad that I have to evacuate the stools with my fingers. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an anal fissure, internal hemorrhoid, SRUS, and constipation. One year ago, I was suffering from a hard stool that was difficult to pass. I went to a gastroenterologist, who did a colonoscopy and found that I had an anal fissure and internal hemorrhoid. He prescribed Sitcom Fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files uploaded by you. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The endoscopy report you have shown does not show any evidence of SRUS (solitary rectal ulcer syndrome). All your symptoms can be attributed to underlying constipation...  Read Full »

What causes fleshy growth outside anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female with no past medical history. I experienced constipation for some days, and I saw blood in my stools. I found this small fleshy growth on the anus, which hurts after passing motion. The pain ceases after a few hours. This fleshy growth retracts inside when I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows old hemorrhoids called as skin tags. This picture, along with the pain that you are describing is suggestive of anal fissure. This is a tear in the wall of the anus, at the bas...  Read Full »

How to treat hemorrhoids with rectal prolapse?

Query: I am a patient of Prolapsed Internal Piles of 3rd Degree since birth. Now I am 40 years age. My piles masses come out while passing stool and after stool i need to push them back with hand inwards. I sometimes have pain / bleeding. Is Rubber band Ligation is successful for this type or some other...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq. Well it may be Third degree pile, or a prolapsed rectal mucosa. People with chronic constipation can have rectal wall prolapse.. This can only be differentiated while examining this mass looking thing on rectal and anal examination. The endoscopic band ligati...  Read Full »

What causes painless blood in stools?

Query: I am not pooping everyday. When I pooped the other day m, there's blood but I did not mind it. But when I pooped earlier, there was blood again. At first I thought I was having my period because of the amount of blood but then I realized it's from my butt. I am not experiencing any pain or whatever...  Read Full »

Dr. Balamurugan

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Icliniq, I understand your concern, I gather from your history that your symptoms might be most likely caused by Internal Haemorrhoids Hemorrhoidal disease is a result of inadequate fiber and water intake . A change in lifestyle and bathroom habits is key for relief o...  Read Full »

Can hemorrhoid ointment heal internal hemorrhoid?

Query: Hello doctor, My hemorrhoid is bleeding and it scares me so much. It does not hurt. I think it is internal hemorrhoid. Can hemorrhoid ointment heal internal hemorrhoid? Or should I drink some medications since it is located inside? Please recommend some. I really would appreciate your recommendatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have ongoing bleeding and feeling low blood pressure, or sweating, you should seek in person consultation to near by emergency. Because bleeding hemorrhoids can be at times serious. If you do not have those symptoms then you can follow simple advises as below. T...  Read Full »

When does the blood start clotting after an injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I did see the facts I was looking for on your site. Maybe you can answer some questions the best you can. This is about a 16-year-old female. If the mesentery and/or pancreas has a tear in one or both and if that tear was big enough to bleed, where would the blood go? Would it go th...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pancreas is highly vascular and is surrounded by major vessels. Hence pancreatic trauma may be associated with life-threatening hemorrhage and shock. Pancreatic injury or pancreatic trauma can be as follows. Due to blunt trauma as well and car accidents when the i...  Read Full »

I got bright red blood in rectum but there is no external hemorrhoids. Could it be anal fissure?

Query: Hello doctor, Bright red blood is coming from the rectum after using the bathroom. The rectum is also very itchy and no signs of external hemorrhoids. Rectum has been itchy for a while especially when wiping. Every now and again there is a light and spotty bright red blood. There was a little mor...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a fissure or internal hemorrhoids or IBD (inflammatory bowel disease). Just to differentiate one from the other if you could help us out by answering these questions: Does it hurt when you pass stools (BM)? Do you have constipation? How much was the blood? ...  Read Full »

I noticed black streaks in the stool with mucus. What could the black streaks be?

Query: Hello doctor, About five months ago, my doctor said that I developed internal hemorrhoid (he used an anal scope), and my bleeding was from the end of my anal tract before the rectum. I have been bleeding during bowel movements occasionally. Now my bleeding seems to be very little to almost nothing....  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) This black streak is from previous old episodes of bleeding. This bleeding occurred at the end of the anal canal and got deposited as a clot, which was passed as a black-brown streak with stool. 2) The most common site of this bleeding is anal fissure, i.e., the ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of piles and constipation through ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old male. I am 5'8" tall and my weight is 69 kg. I am suffering from piles over three years but there is no bleeding. I constantly have some sensation in anus which troubles me while walking. I am noticing my right wrist and feet with swelling almost daily morning. My BP wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How is your bowel movement now? Do you have constipation? It is better for you to use western toilet. Avoid curds, non-vegeterian, green chilly, deep fried and spicy foods from your diet. Do sitz bath after passing stools every day to keep your genital and anal region cle...  Read Full »