Hepatitis E

What will be the complications of hepatitis E in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55-year-old male. I have diabetes and currently suffering from jaundice with hepatitis E positive 10 points. I got tested for ANA and the report shows weak positive 1:100. What will be the complications? Is it life threatening?   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually hepatitis E is not life threatening in most of the patients. It significantly impairs the life for two months. The complete recovery occurs within one or two month. There is no residual complications as well. You need to take rest until you improve clinically...  Read Full »

My wife is in the 14th week of her pregnancy and infected from HEV. Do we have to abort the child?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is in the 14th week of her pregnancy. During a routine checkup, we came to know that she was infected from HEV. What will happen? Do we have to abort the child?  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need for the abortion as HEV (hepatitis E virus) does not cross the placenta, but you need to have a close follow up for the pregnancy. Also, you have to get in touch with fetomaternal doctors (baby-mother doctors) and get a regular check-up of your liver...  Read Full »