Q. Will hepatitis E cause any complication in a diabetic?

Published on Sep 09, 2019

I am a 55-year-old male. I have diabetes and currently suffering from jaundice with hepatitis E positive 10 points. I got tested for ANA and the report shows weak positive 1:100. What will be the complications? Is it life threatening?

Hematology Pathology
#

Usually hepatitis E is not life threatening in most of the patients. It significantly impairs the life for two months. The complete recovery occurs within one or two month. There is no residual complications as well. You need to take rest until you improve clinically. Take more fruits like apple juice, sugar cane juice, coconut water, etc. Do not take excess fatty foods. Your ANA can be false positive due to hepatitis infection. I suggest you repeat ANA once infection is over.

I am concerned about discolored patches on hip. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59-year-old female. I have discolored patches on my hip that just recently developed. Within the last month, I have had CT stomach, routine blood work, X-ray but they all returned normal. I do have chronic stress and I have been constantly losing weight and usually go to pass s...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a number of causes of pigmentation, but you have not provided a picture to look that what type of pigmentation you are having. In my opinion, send a picture or see a doctor physically. Also, inform if other sites are also involved. Causes include drugs, diabe...  Read Full

I feel run-down all the time. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I returned from abroad feeling run-down with gastrointestinal issues. I thought that I might have gotten a parasite. Stool tests were performed, but no parasite was found. I then developed flu-like symptoms that lasted several weeks and still feel run-down and tired all of the time. My ey...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the reports and the history of complaints that you have provided me, it seems likely that you are suffering from some sort of infective hepatitis. For confirmation of the same you would have to undergo certain blood tests like liver function tests and anti-HAV (hepa...  Read Full

Is it possible to get HIV or hepatitis through face blackhead extractor?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to a salon to have a skin cleaning and they used on my face blackhead extractor. And I am worried now if I could get hepatitis or HIV if they did not clean it between the clients. Is it possible to get any disease?  Read Full >>

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iciniq.com. If instruments are not properly sterilized and if the blood of any patient who has hepatitis, etc., present over that, it is possible that it can be transmitted. Usually, in salons the exfoliator they use does not penetrate the body and procedure is very superficial, it ...  Read Full