Q. Will hepatitis E cause any complication in a diabetic?

I am a 55-year-old male. I have diabetes and currently suffering from jaundice with hepatitis E positive 10 points. I got tested for ANA and the report shows weak positive 1:100. What will be the complications? Is it life threatening?

Do you have a question on Hepatitis E or Diabetes?

Ask a Doctor Now

M.B.B.S., M.D
Hematology Pathology

Usually hepatitis E is not life threatening in most of the patients. It significantly impairs the life for two months. The complete recovery occurs within one or two month. There is no residual complications as well. You need to take rest until you improve clinically. Take more fruits like apple juice, sugar cane juice, coconut water, etc. Do not take excess fatty foods. Your ANA can be false positive due to hepatitis infection. I suggest you repeat ANA once infection is over.

Diabetes - How Aware Are You?
Article Overview: This simple quiz is to test your knowledge about diabetes. This quiz is an easy way for one to learn diabetes management.  Read Article
Dr. Saumya Mittal
Diabetologist

Score: In this questionnaire, how many answers you got right? 1-3 : You need to know more about diabetes. 4-6 : You need to know more about various aspects of the disease, some parts of which you already know. >6  : You just need to stay updated. Talk to your diabetologist regularly to ...  Read Article

I am suffering from jaundice for last one month. Can I go to work based on my reports?
Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from jaundice for last one month. My current bilirubin is 3.1, SGPT 72.4, SGOT 45.8. Can I join the office after four days of bed rest?  Read Full >>
Dr. Sathish R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To answer your question specifically, it is not advisable to go back to work. I have seen your LFT blood reports which are not elevated too high (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know if you had done any other blood test, urine test or...  Read Full

Diabetes and Eyes
Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability.  Read Article
Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou ...  Read Article

Ask a Doctor Now