Q. Will hepatitis E cause any complication in a diabetic?

I am a 55-year-old male. I have diabetes and currently suffering from jaundice with hepatitis E positive 10 points. I got tested for ANA and the report shows weak positive 1:100. What will be the complications? Is it life threatening?

Hematology Pathology
#

Usually hepatitis E is not life threatening in most of the patients. It significantly impairs the life for two months. The complete recovery occurs within one or two month. There is no residual complications as well. You need to take rest until you improve clinically. Take more fruits like apple juice, sugar cane juice, coconut water, etc. Do not take excess fatty foods. Your ANA can be false positive due to hepatitis infection. I suggest you repeat ANA once infection is over.

| 

I am concerned about discolored patches on hip. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59-year-old female. I have discolored patches on my hip that just recently developed. Within the last month, I have had CT stomach, routine blood work, X-ray but they all returned normal. I do have chronic stress and I have been constantly losing weight and usually go to pass s...  Read Full »

I feel run-down all the time. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I returned from abroad feeling run-down with gastrointestinal issues. I thought that I might have gotten a parasite. Stool tests were performed, but no parasite was found. I then developed flu-like symptoms that lasted several weeks and still feel run-down and tired all of the time. My ey...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get HIV or hepatitis through face blackhead extractor?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to a salon to have a skin cleaning and they used on my face blackhead extractor. And I am worried now if I could get hepatitis or HIV if they did not clean it between the clients. Is it possible to get any disease?  Read Full »