Q. Please describe the test reports of a liver disease.

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

My father has a liver disease. I need the description of the report and the stage of the disease.

#

As per the report, you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like he has hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) and it is metastatic (stage). Another possibility is of cholangiocarcinoma or neuroendocrine tumor. But stage will be same. Differentiation between the above three is important as both have different treatment approaches. If possible, biopsy of liver mass should be done. Otherwise, serum alpha-fetoprotein, CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen) chromogranin and CA (cancer antigen) 19.9 along with triple phase CT of liver would help in differentiation between the two.

Based on the report, he also has a chronic liver disease. Was he taking alcohol for a long time? If yes, I would consider HCC (hepatocellular carcinoma) as the first possibility.

For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist

|